Thread for voice control software updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Latest - 11 April 2018 (ver 32247232AB)

Just perusing the software support area and noticed that the voice control software has been updated:

https://support.volvocars.com/uk/cars/p ... 8&sw=17w46

In case anyone is techy and what to try the new.
Last edited by Boomer on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Weird and not helpful, I can't find any release notes
Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

Thanks for the link boomer, quick question is there a way to know easily if software on the car needs updating, guess it’s not like a phone which notifies you when an update is available , and as I’m getting my car soon will, it automatically have latest or will I need to update myself.
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

I think part of the PDI is checking the vehicle has the latest software versions, so it should be up to date at handover, then i guess it's up to ourselves to keep it up to date. I believe it's also checked when the car is in for services ect...
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Agree with MrP. Not immediately seen anything in Sensus which sets out what version each piece of software is but I am working on the basis that software will be up to date at build date, with a back stop that would have been checked at the PDI. I’ll then leave for about a month before considering doing any updates, but only then if they add or fix anything obvious. Otherwise wait for service cycle and get them to update.
Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

Thanks for the advice guys😀👍🏻
DanM

Post by DanM »

If you have a personal SIM installed in the car you do get notifications that software updates are available - or at least I have done, though it wasn't obvious to me what the updates were.
XC40 First Edition - Bursting Blue
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Just picked min up today ( Saturday and showed up software update due, dealer said pop in next week to get it done, was only updated on Thursday when it had its pdi so I reckon they could be quite frequent during the early stages, also notice in the service book they offer free satisfaction check at 3 months
T5 First edition Crystal White
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Boomer wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:19 pm Latest - 11 April 2018

Just perusing the software support area and noticed that the voice control software has been updated:

https://support.volvocars.com/uk/cars/p ... 8&sw=17w46

In case anyone is techy and what to try the new.

Thanks for the link Boomer. Installed this yesterday - took about 15 mins. Not a very user friendly process. No indication of how long it might take and no visibility of release version numbers etc.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

DanM wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:10 pm If you have a personal SIM installed in the car you do get notifications that software updates are available - or at least I have done, though it wasn't obvious to me what the updates were.

The general message re update availability can be misleading. It can for example just mean there are maps for other regions available to download, but no specific system or app updates for your vehicle.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o