Battery charge status in app

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

Hi,

Does anyone have the battery charge status completely wrong in the app versus the actual state of charge?

I’ve just depleted the battery and would like to start charging immediately but I can’t! The app tells me the battery is fully charged and since I’ve got the car to only charge during night, I’m stuck!

88148B22-D95D-40FE-B1F1-88576A141823.png

B5B6174B-3F48-4398-963A-2CDF43F525C9.jpeg

If anyone has experienced this issue and has a way to solve the problem I’d appreciate the share :)
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus

DADDY KOOL

Post by DADDY KOOL »

Have you clicked on , (Manage Charge Locations) and set location to be charged at! mine sometimes does that until I click on location and confirm!
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Background App Refresh has to be enabled for Volvo Cars App, otherwise the app might show old data. On your iPhone go to Settings, General, Background App Refresh and enable Volvo Cars. Another way to refresh the app is to force close and reopen it, that will bring the latest information on the screen.
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

I’ve tried setting up the scheduled charge several times. Deleting it and change the start/stop times to “force save” the new entry..

Regarding background refresh and/or.force closing the app doesn’t trigger any change at all..

So frustrating.. Volvo should have thought through this.. I can’t trigger the charging manually!! This is just stupid and a statement to over engineered cars!

@volvo: I want to charge the freaking battery!! Why can’t I trigger it, at least manually from the car itself?!!
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

That's crazy! What if you were a luddite without a smart phone? The phone app should be an add on to the car not mandatory.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

I must be doing something wrong! How can I start the charging in this screen?

PNG image.png