Phev Auto Stop/Start

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Ian Almighty

Post by Ian Almighty »

I've just realised after 8 months that when I'm on fossil fuel the engine doesn't appear to auto stop/start i.e. at traffic lights etc.

Q - Am I missing a setting or do I have faulty car?
Volvo XC40 T5 Inscription Recharge (PHEV) in Glacier Silver

Joss

Post by Joss »

Mines pretty good as a rule but it has happened I think it is something to do with the main battery not being charged up enough. I had 2 Peugeot 3008 in previous years and they were terrible, I asked the dealer why and they said the battery had to be over 80% charged for it to work.
2021 P8 recharge Sage Green
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

XC40 stop/start isn’t fit for purpose. Loads of threads on here about the same issue
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Original system maybe, don't know about the PHEV and the B engines it works perfectly, but then these are 3 entirely different solutions.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
bba

Post by bba »

Seen a lot of gripes about Start/Stop on fossil-only cars, but as @Felindre says PHEVs are totally different.

Does 'on fossil fuel' mean in Power/Polestar mode? If so, I understand that to be by design and it is what mine does.

If the engine never stops while in the default Hybrid mode then that would suggest a serious fault.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist