Sensus Map 1380 now available...

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

A few days earlier than announced ... Downloading onto my USB stick now...

PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

What exactly is the point of all these updates? It doesn't appear to get any better, and boy does it NEED to be better.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Tnx for the notification, although I tend to open https://www.volvocars.com/hr/support/do ... spa/europe quite often :)
What's the point of all these updates? Well, there are thousands of new roads and especially roundabouts built across the Europe each month, so every update is a good one. Perhaps you should call your representative if there were no new roads in your hometown built lately.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

I was mainly referring to Sensus inability to recognise many small towns and villages in rural Devon which Google maps has no problem with (navigation is the main purpose of a sat nav).
I think I'd know if a new roundabout appeared in front of me.
Steker

Post by Steker »

I agree with you ropetko the mapping on Sensus is very poor and doesn’t inspire confidence, after 3 years of waiting for it to get better I gave up and had smartphone integration installed so now I have Waze and TomTom Go to rely on.
MY19 Inscription D3 AWD. Pine grey, Winter pack, Comfort pack.
Deleted User 3974

Post by Deleted User 3974 »

Completely agree - Google maps or Waze are both much better that the provided satnav. I'm hoping MY23 xc40 will have full google maps integration (not just via applecar play)
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

I think mapping relies on available data. I live in Croatia and sadly we don't have RTTI available for Sensus, so I sometimes use Google Maps on my smartphone just to decide which way to go during rush hours.
However, once there's a new road or a new roundabout available around the place I live or travel often to, it doesn't take more than a couple of months for it to appear in Sensus. I can also travel to the smallest village and find its address in Sensus, so it is probably a matter of local data provider.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Tried installing this update (from a USB stick) twice this afternoon - failed both times. It said it was submitting an error report. The download phase succeeded but the installation failed.

Update
-----------

Tried again yesterday - failed twice but, after the second failure, it now says that 1380 is installed. Confused.
Last edited by RonFleet on Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Mine updated over weekend - was over the air, phone tethered…
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Mine is also on 1380. No idea when it updated. Not something I care too much about. It still shows a petrol station down the road which closed at least 5 years ago..
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior