Sensus Map 1380 now available...

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Anyone else had issues with latest versonot installing ??

Had a message today to say installation unsuccessful and report sent…

Last weeks downloaded and installed without issue.

Wad

Post by Wad »

Similar here, 1386 downloaded by integral car net but installation failed with message that report sent.

I installed via USB for the first time and it was successful. Local mapping error was still shown so I wonder sometimes what is the point of constant updates. My excuse was it was raining and gave me something to do.
XC40 Momentum pro
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Installation from USB went very smoothly
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Wad wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:23 pm Similar here, 1386 downloaded by integral car net but installation failed with message that report sent.

I installed via USB for the first time and it was successful. Local mapping error was still shown so I wonder sometimes what is the point of constant updates. My excuse was it was raining and gave me something to do.
Cheers - just downloading onto usb stick 👍🏻

See if it works
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Yes same problem here. I will try the USB method next. I assume future updates will not download unless the previous one was successful or I would leave it until the next one is available.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Everything went well with the 1386 auto update (South Eastern Europe though), now it's slowly updating all maps via USB.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Mines taken all previous map updates OTA without issue. For some reason 1386 downloads then fails to install. Today it tried again and said map was too big. Then said no updates available.
Anyone else having this problem?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

As Ropetko said earlier, many regional maps just became larger than the 2GB limit allowed for OTA updates, from now on only USB updates are available for our region :cry:
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Yeah, guess it's how they've packaged the updates. Don't believe it's an intended change that would scupper OTA updates. Most likely a programming error. No doubt we'll find out in the fullness of time...
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

from now on only USB updates are available for our region
The USB method seems to be much quicker anyway. I gave up with the in-car downloading when I was having problems with version 1380 a few weeks ago. It was very slow and the 4G signal can be very unreliable where I live.

I downloaded 1386 to USB from my laptop last night whilst watching TV and updated my car this morning. All very quick and painless. It just took a couple of very short journeys to update my car.

I've used Sensus navigation in other Volvo models for years without any real problems, but the versions I've had in my XC40 over the past six months have been full of errors such as missing roads, taking me to a place that was 2 miles from the POI I'd entered, and directions that take me miles out of my way for no apparent reason. I'm off to do some touring in Scotland next week so I'm really hoping all is fixed and it serves me well.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.