Sensus Map 1380 now available...

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Driving down and back up the M4 at the far end in Wales, I noticed about 2 miles before the end junction the car reported a 40 mph speed limit. This lasted for about a mile. Same in both directions, and bizarre!
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

I’ve spotted so many errors in version 1380 map since I installed it. Including a section of main trunk road near Skipton missing. On two occasions it has taken me on very strange routes, miles out of the way when there was no need to. Also taken me to a destination that was 2 miles from the POI I’d entered. This is by far the worst sat nav I’ve ever known. I’m seriously considering buying a cradle so I can use my phone for navigation. Let’s hope the next version is better.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

KeithR56 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:56 am I’ve spotted so many errors in version 1380 map since I installed it. Including a section of main trunk road near Skipton missing. On two occasions it has taken me on very strange routes, miles out of the way when there was no need to. Also taken me to a destination that was 2 miles from the POI I’d entered. This is by far the worst sat nav I’ve ever known. I’m seriously considering buying a cradle so I can use my phone for navigation. Let’s hope the next version is better.
If you’ve not got, you can have CarPlay / android auto retro fitted by dealership, don’t think it’s too expensive
KeithR56

Post by KeithR56 »

I enquired about car play when I bought the car. They quoted something like £300. However, I was put off by by the half screen display and decided to wait until they fixed that issue. It now seems I could have a very long wait.

I didn’t have Too many problems with the Sensus maps until I installed 1380. I might consider car play again if Sensus maps don’t improve.

At least we don’t have to pay for the Sensus map updates. Ten years ago, Volvo used DVDs for their maps updates. It used to cost something like £220 for new disks when the updates came out. Volvo put loads of blocks in place that prevented you from using a set of used disks acquired on eBay. I wouldn’t have minded, but the maps were created by Garmin who provided free map updates on their own products.
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4P, Auto, FWD, Denim blue, Blond Leather, Climate, Versatility, Sunroof, Tints.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

KeithR56 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:38 pm I enquired about car play when I bought the car. They quoted something like £300. However, I was put off by by the half screen display and decided to wait until they fixed that issue. It now seems I could have a very long wait.
CarPlay on half screen display is a feature, not a bug :lol:
For a better CarPlay experience you’ll need a new car, you shouldn’t expect the old Sensus entertainment system to be updated.
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

I downloaded 1383 today and not noticed one iota of difference.
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Mine started to download tonight…

Should finish up tomorrow
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Cornishman wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:27 pm ... Really? and another one following on 13/6/22??? I think, for once, I will wait for 13th...
Larry, you're right. Although they are a bit late, there is finally a version 1386 available now at https://www.volvocars.com/hr/support/do ... spa/europe
The next one is going to be available in a month time.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

I've diaried to update France before we go in a month. Too big for OTA so I'll have to futz around with computer and USB.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

ropetko wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:39 pm
Cornishman wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:27 pm ... Really? and another one following on 13/6/22??? I think, for once, I will wait for 13th...
Larry, you're right. Although they are a bit late, there is finally a version 1386 available now at https://www.volvocars.com/hr/support/do ... spa/europe
The next one is going to be available in a month time.
I'm downloading as we speak!