Parking Climate

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

I’ve had the car for a week now and have got to grips with the basics, being new to Volvo.
What I am struggling with is the parking climate. On the app home page, I slide the car right to show heater which is not running. I click on it and press start. I then get the message: parking climate temporarily unavailable. All I want is the heated windscreens, seat and steering wheel to be on a few minutes before going to work.
Any ideas greatly appreciated. 🥶
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

I find the remote start fails on my phone about 15% of the time, but of those, 100% works on the second try.

TBH I didn't even know about sliding the car right.

I just tap on the fan symbol and it comes up with a timer and start 🤔

As to the settings, the dealer set seats etc up for temps below 10©, within the centre display.

Uninstall/reinstall the app?

Screenshot_20220318-141603.png

Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

I have a funny feeling it may only be available on cars with an automatic gearbox, as it would need to start the engine to power those high-current items.
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Ah - a manual may be left in gear, parked up 👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

I thought about it being a manual gearbox but, from everything I have read, I should be able to use parking climate but can’t start the car with the app. I can go into Sensus and set timers but I don’t leave for work at exactly the same time every day.
Also, I don’t park in gear but thanks for the ideas. May need to ask the dealer. Perhaps they need to do something in set-up.
Spare wheel cover

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Engine remote start is not available on models with a manual gearbox. This is detailed in the specifications found in the price list brochure:

Capture.JPG

T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

You cannot start a manual car remotely.

Think of the dangers!!!!!
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

I mentioned that you can’t start a manual car remotely but should be able to use parking climate. For some reason I can’t. As Mike says, perhaps I should keep trying.
Spare wheel cover

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I believe parking climate without the engine simply consists of the fan operating. Certainly heated seats etc won’t run if the engine is off.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Parking climate is when you are using the car and then stop and turn off the car you can then access parking climate via the main screen to maintain the temp in the car for a short while,using residual heat/cooling from the heater,