Parking Climate

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Bocca70 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:31 pm I mentioned that you can’t start a manual car remotely but should be able to use parking climate. For some reason I can’t. As Mike says, perhaps I should keep trying.
The functions you want aren't available in the app for a manual T3. Parking climate is very limited to ventilating the car I believe. Only get the heated seats etc coming on using remote start which is limited to automatics. Probably different for the ones with electric cables though as being connected to the mains is probably the same as having the iCE running.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019

Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Thanks blastpipe. I wish they hadn’t tempted me by having it on Sensus and the app. I have to say the seats and steering wheel heat up very quickly.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

I saw you got a brand new car so I hope the battery is full. I have purchased the used one from Volvo Selekt, just two years old at the time and my remote heater wouldn't work. Not even after I drove some 200 miles on highways, although that's when the Auto Start/Stop started working, but barely. The issue was that my battery was weak, probably because the car has been sitting in a parking lot for couple of months and was driven for just a couple of miles every few weeks. Once they replaced the main battery, the parking heater started working, as well as Start/Stop.
I noticed that after driving for a longer period of time in Eco mode on highways (speed approx. 75mph, not much higher), the Star/Stop won't activate when I arrive to the city centre and that doesn't happen if I'm not using Eco on highways. In such cases, the Parking Climate also won't ignite (heating, not cooling) if I don't want the engine to start remotely. Looks like Eco mode drains the battery more than "normal" driving and if you prefer Eco driving, especially in the night time, the result can be that the battery will sometimes not be powerful enough to start the parking climate remotely.
But as I said, since you are driving a brand new car, that shouldn't be the case. If you mostly have Start/Stop disabled while driving, although you didn't switch it off, that might point to the battery issue.

I'm driving a D4 engine with automatic transmission, so all my observations might be unrelated to your configuration :)
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

I would imagine Eco reduces the alternator load on the engine, in order to reduce fuel burned. Which means that the battery doesn't get charged up as well, and depending on what usage you have (stereo, seat heating, aircon, dashcam etc) it can take a toll on both batteries/look like it doesn't work
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

It does seem for me that having a manual gearbox is the issue. Can’t have it all, I suppose.
Spare wheel cover

Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

104E66B3-3281-43B8-8EF7-5D13F1AD830F.png

I just won’t let it lie! Came across this. The (i) sign is for automatic gearbox only so manual cars should be able to do the rest. Any manual gearbox owners managed to get it to work?
Spare wheel cover

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Have you not read the last sentence??
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Yes but I live in hope. I am going to ask the dealer.
Spare wheel cover

pwliv

Post by pwliv »

A little confused by this - unless you have one of the models with the fuel powered heater, how is the heater going to work without the engine running. Where would the heat be coming from?
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Need to try it out on mine - have the options, but never tried them out…

Bit like the self parking feature my car has - not tried that either.. :shock: