HELP Constant alarm - even while driving (?)

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
lkordisch

Post by lkordisch »

XC40 Recharge purchased Dec 2021. Starting yesterday, a single tone alarm started sounding constantly inside the car, similar ton but slightly different than the parking sensors. No known action caused it to start. Unlike the parking sensors, the alarm continues when the breaks are applied, the car is in park and when the car is driving. It does not time out and sounds constantly when car is in use (consequently, nerves are a little raw over here). It only turns off 60 seconds after the car is exited and locked. The alarm will start to sound again after either of the front doors are opened, after the wing mirrors are in position. It does NOT sound if the back seat doors are opened. If I open the back seat doors and crawl through to the driver's seat, the alarm will sound after sitting in the driver's seat before the car is even in gear. No warning message, etc appears anywhere.

Things I have tried with no success:
Wiped clean all of the parking sensors
Disabling parking sensors
Ensured headlights are not left on
Ensured interior lights are not left on

The volume on the parking sensor setting screen did control the volume of this alarm. I was able to turn it down as much as possible, which leaves it still quite loud but not deafening.

Garage can't get me in for 2 weeks.

Anyone have any other ideas of what to try?

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Open and close the bonnet? To be honest I would drive it to the dealers and tell them to fix it. And loan me a car until it's fixed.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
morganj

Post by morganj »

I assume you have used the VOC button in the car and asked for assistance? Pretty sure you could label this as a danger to driving due to distraction.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Not good enough from the dealer imo
I think contacting VOC is a good idea as cars undriveable
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

The problem is not the continuous alarm sound, that is just a fault that needs to be found and rectified, the problem is your dealer who seems to think its acceptable to leave a customer stranded like this for two week :evil: - totally unacceptable and totally undriveable, and may even be dangerous to do so - agree with greggspies, take it to the dealer, if possible speak to the dealership principle for a loan car, and leave it there - whats wrong with some dealers these days :x
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

lkordisch wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:06 pm XC40 Recharge purchased Dec 2021. Starting yesterday, a single tone alarm started sounding constantly inside the car, similar ton but slightly different than the parking sensors. No known action caused it to start. Unlike the parking sensors, the alarm continues when the breaks are applied, the car is in park and when the car is driving. It does not time out and sounds constantly when car is in use (consequently, nerves are a little raw over here). It only turns off 60 seconds after the car is exited and locked. The alarm will start to sound again after either of the front doors are opened, after the wing mirrors are in position. It does NOT sound if the back seat doors are opened. If I open the back seat doors and crawl through to the driver's seat, the alarm will sound after sitting in the driver's seat before the car is even in gear. No warning message, etc appears anywhere.

Things I have tried with no success:
Wiped clean all of the parking sensors
Disabling parking sensors
Ensured headlights are not left on
Ensured interior lights are not left on

The volume on the parking sensor setting screen did control the volume of this alarm. I was able to turn it down as much as possible, which leaves it still quite loud but not deafening.

Garage can't get me in for 2 weeks.

Anyone have any other ideas of what to try?
Did you get this sorted ??
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

OP hasn't been back to the site since that first post.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
ScottNatte

Post by ScottNatte »

My 2022 P8 has exactly the same problem which just happened when entering the garage. The door has a narrow opening which usually triggers the proximity sensors and the red marking on the camera view.
I am doing to dealer this week. Let's see what they find.
It is not of the same tone or volumn as the front bonnet which sounds odd by itself even when the other alarm tone is on.
ScottNatte

Post by ScottNatte »

Ok, I called Volvo. Press and hold the large button at the bottom of the screen until the alarm goes off. Let's see if that does it for a while.