Heater Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Girvy1

Post by Girvy1 »

Hi .

Has anyone had problems with their fan heater blowing constant hot air and the wrong direction? I started the car this morning and the front demister didn't clear drivers side and then constantly blew really hot air no matter how I adjusted it. I tried to adjust it on the move and also at traffic light to no avail. Very frustrating ! Does anyone know if this is a software glitch or do I need to take it the main dealer.

bba

Post by bba »

Model? Engine? Year?
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
Girvy1

Post by Girvy1 »

XC 40 B4 2022
stu22

Post by stu22 »

We've just had similar with our car. Heater, heated seats and power seats all had random issues and ended up in total electrical failure.
Traced to defective wiring behind the dash. MY2020 T3 R-design.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

And literally 10mins after I typed my reply, my wife calls to tell me her car has failed again with the same issue. Bloody car....
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

I had this happen once in the summer when the outside temp was over 30 degrees.

No matter what I did, I only got hot air and in that heat, was slowly melting.

But I stopped for a drink and when I got back in the car, everything was back to normal and the zircon was working fine.

Go figure
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Gnomeface

Post by Gnomeface »

My wife had the same issue a couple of years ago and stopped to ring me. I advised the standard remedy for most software glitches - park, turn everything off, get out of the car and lock it; wait 5-10 minutes before unlocking and driving away. This usually works, and it did in her case - and has not happened since.
Family car - XC40 T5 Inscription Pro, Glacier Silver, charcoal leather, Intellisafe Pro and Xenium packs. Dog guard and mud flaps added since.
Fun car - Mercedes SLC
Girvy1

Post by Girvy1 »

Yeah I did just that and it seems to have cleared the issue. Whats more worrying my boot opened by itself this morning for no apparent reason. Gremlins about !!
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Our car had the weird heater issue again last week and today, total electrical failure again - 5th time since Christmas.

All I'd say is don't ignore it as it will only get worse, harass your dealer for resolution. Ours is coming up to 31 months old and the warranty clock is ticking, they still havent resolved ours....
Girvy1

Post by Girvy1 »

Thats it just done it again and also some have reset to default. Never had any electrical issues with my 5 different Audi's. Thinking the XC40 has been the wrong move :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: