Key tag with replaced battery doesn't open the tailgate with foot movement

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

That’s a bargain, thanks for sharing!
More details here: https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/Acce ... sory/30456

Wad

Post by Wad »

Thanks Richyd2000. I contacted Volvo, mine was eligible so its booked in.
XC40 Momentum pro
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Changed one of the fob batteries last week - What a fiddly job! Even with the levers/switches pressed right over it was difficult to get the covers off. Will be easier next time but not the best of designs.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

ChrisLF wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:39 pm Changed one of the fob batteries last week - What a fiddly job! Even with the levers/switches pressed right over it was difficult to get the covers off. Will be easier next time but not the best of designs.
Hi Chris! Are you able to open the tailgate with a foot movement now, while using the key fob with the replaced battery?
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I don't know as I started using the other fob on a daily basis - I'll give the one with the changed battery a try. Have to say I'm having more success with foot waving since using the spare fob!

Edit: And yes the tail gate does open via foot wave using the fob with the new battery. Had about a 1 in 3 success rate with both fobs. It did surprise me the other day when it worked when I had both hands full! Not always the case unfortunately.

Battery used was Duracell and we're talking about the full function fob here, not the key tag.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

That's OK, since I've changed batteries in my regular fobs and the tailgate opening with foot movement works fine. The key just need to be in your pocket and you need to kick (like a ball) right at the place where the left parking sensor is. Works 4 out of 5 times well and doesn't work if the sensor is muddy.
I was wondering if the foot movement works with the keyless key tag? Mine doesn't work after I was able to replace its battery :/
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018