Apple Car Play XC40 Recharge TWIN

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
CheshireDoc

Post by CheshireDoc »

Anyone know when this will be patched across to us? Contacted Volvo who said it would be released by the end of the year with an over-the-air-update.
Went into my dealer today (as had car booked in for inspection on intermittent charging fault) and they didn't have a clue and tried to charge me £300 to install it.

Dealer also didn't have a clue as to why car sometimes refuses to take a charge and tried to blame it on my home charger (fault present on numerous different home charge points).
Great car, very poor knowledge on the part of the dealerships though...

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

CheshireDoc wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:29 pm Went into my dealer today (as had car booked in for inspection on intermittent charging fault) and they didn't have a clue and tried to charge me £300 to install it.
That’s outrageous, no dealer can install Apple CarPlay on Google Automotive operating system!
Google doesn’t allow Apple CarPlay yet, it was supposed to arrive end of 2021 but got pushed for 2022. It will be a free update OTA for all Google Automotive equipped cars.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

eugen61 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:54 pm
CheshireDoc wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:29 pm Went into my dealer today (as had car booked in for inspection on intermittent charging fault) and they didn't have a clue and tried to charge me £300 to install it.
That’s outrageous, no dealer can install Apple CarPlay on Google Automotive operating system!
Google doesn’t allow Apple CarPlay yet, it was supposed to arrive end of 2021 but got pushed for 2022. It will be a free update OTA for all Google Automotive equipped cars.
It was actually promised for the end of 2020 so is already over a year late.

I did post on here some time ago after I had attended an event with the Google automotive team (on a totally unrelated matter) where one of the Google engineers had mentioned (in passing) that Volvo and some Polestar owners may never see CarPlay due to some compatibility issues in the way the cars had been built. She refused to be drawn any further on that.

So I would perhaps suggest that you don't assume you will EVER get it and see it as a bonus if you ever do.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde