Bonnet not closing properly on P8

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

The few times I have had to open the bonnet to get to the cables on my new P8 I’ve noticed that the corner on the driver’s side does not close all the way. I have had to either push down hard a couple of times (making with bonnet flex, which is worrying) to get it to close, or open the bonnet again and the close it. Has anybody else seen this? I saw one review a few months ago where the reviewer noticed the same behaviour.

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

The bonnet has a left and right catch rather than a single central one, with these systems a little more force is often required, especially as it also has a gas-strut. When closing, from about half-way with both hands around where the each of the catches are, help the bonnet down with a little force and it should close properly each time.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

There are 2 rubber stops on each side of the engine bulkhead Make sure they are both screwed down properly.
goldy

Post by goldy »

ACertainAge wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:25 am There are 2 rubber stops on each side of the engine bulkhead Make sure they are both screwed down properly.
Yes I had the same problem when I picked mine up along with drivers door not closing fully, both problems were sorted by me as I'm a retired vehicle technician. As you say the rubber stops on the bonnet can be adjusted to improve the fit. Also the anti-pinch system on the electric windows needed setting up.
Obviously car didn't have the best, if any PDI.
Xc40 T3 auto inscription June 2020. Rubbish.
Xc40 B4 Inscription Pro November 2021.Fabulous.