Home Address

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

Hi, I recently moved from West Sussex to Norfolk and I changed my home address on the Sensus navigation, but on the Volvo app on my phone it still shows my West Sussex address, and I can't find a way to change it. Any ideas, bearing in mind I'm a luddite when it comes to the Internet Etc.
Hope you can understand what I'm getting at,
Roy

Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

In the app, go to your name page (last on right) tap Manage Account, Edit personal information, Address, overkey w new address, Save.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

Thanks Mike, sorted at last. I looked in the manual and I couldn't find how to change my address
Once again any thanks
Roy
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

Its not a good idea to use any name that indicates your home address on your car sat nav. If you're out and about or away and someone steals your car and sees your address they will know your not there (because you were where your car was) and potentially break into your house as well.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

PlymDave wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:39 am Its not a good idea to use any name that indicates your home address on your car sat nav. If you're out and about or away and someone steals your car and sees your address they will know your not there (because you were where your car was) and potentially break into your house as well.
Remember if somebody steals your car and you have an active Volvo On Call subscription, Volvo can track your car in real time and even see that your home address has been chosen in the sat nav and they are heading to your home. It's pretty easy to see in that scenario how you (or the police) can be awaiting their arrival :)
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

I read somewhere that there'd only been 2 examples of XC40's stolen, and they were both via keys stolen from homes 🤔
Mike. West Yorks.

m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Mikeg1 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:22 pm I read somewhere that there'd only been 2 examples of XC40's stolen, and they were both via keys stolen from homes 🤔
I'm sure any car can be stolen. After all I have a work colleague who had his BMW stolen by thieves turning up with a recovery truck, literally lifting it up and driving away with it on the back. Nothing is going to stop that.

But the important thing is that Volvo can track the car and there is no reliance on the owner to fit a tracker or pay an additional subscription for the first 3 years. Volvo should shout more about this "standard" feature
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Indeed. Anything mobile can be taken - if the determination is strong enough. Would it be for an XC40? All respect to the brand and model, I doubt it. There's no catering for crackheads - we had an attempt for the keys to a GTI via the living room window, in full view of the street, but I'm happy with my car's security, and Volvo tracking. You do what's reasonable, consistent with normal life. IMO.
Mike. West Yorks.

Moss

Post by Moss »

PlymDave wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:39 am Its not a good idea to use any name that indicates your home address on your car sat nav. If you're out and about or away and someone steals your car and sees your address they will know your not there (because you were where your car was) and potentially break into your house as well.
Strange logic. You may not be there, but that doesn’t mean nobody’s there.