Home Address

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Moss wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:13 am
PlymDave wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:39 am Its not a good idea to use any name that indicates your home address on your car sat nav. If you're out and about or away and someone steals your car and sees your address they will know your not there (because you were where your car was) and potentially break into your house as well.
Strange logic. You may not be there, but that doesn’t mean nobody’s there.
Yes I thought that plus they’ll break in whether you’re home or not as little chance of getting caught and no punishment if they do
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Whenever I've set this up (on various cars), I go to somewhere like my local Supermarket Carpark .. I know my way home from there .. that way I can still benefit from Live Traffic Updates etc
B4 FWD Inscription , MY22, Fusion Red, Blond interior. Climate Pack, F/R Mud Flaps
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

Or of course if you don't get on with one of your neighbours set it to their address 😉.
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

pwliv wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:52 am Or of course if you don't get on with one of your neighbours set it to their address 😉.
Have to say, when my car is parked on my drive, the 'pointer on my Sat-Nav is showing the position to be a couple of doors up the road.
Must be the Welsh street names on my estate .. :lol: :lol: :lol:
B4 FWD Inscription , MY22, Fusion Red, Blond interior. Climate Pack, F/R Mud Flaps
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

That could be worse as may be an adult son or daughter or elderly parent. I do the same and don't put my home address into any sat nav, why do you need to, I just use the centre of the nearby town. If you live out in the sticks you could use something nearby, a pub maybe but not a private house!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Or you could put your home address in and call it something else.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Sorry for bumping this to ask a stupid question, but how do you change the Home address in the Sensus system?

I've searched the manual but can't find the details, just lots of stuff about the home screen. :roll:
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

jamie307 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:58 am Sorry for bumping this to ask a stupid question, but how do you change the Home address in the Sensus system?

I've searched the manual but can't find the details, just lots of stuff about the home screen. :roll:
If I remember right - was a while ago when I needed to change it, I deleted the home address that was there and then entered and saved a new one. I seem to remember looking for ages on how to alter it, but couldn’t do it…
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

On mine it's the first entry in Favourites, and if I tap it there's an Edit button at the bottom 🤔
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Thanks.

It was indeed on the favourite destinations page. And yes, after tapping the button to change the home location it just displayed a map with no apparent way to change the location, so I went back and cleared it and entered the new one.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel