Map between dials, blue bar across the top

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I've only recently noticed since the latest map update, the map between the dials has a pale blue bar at the top. It's not the screen, messages will display over it, as will the light symbols for front and rear fogs. Has anyone else noticed this?

If I set the main map to 3D it too has this bar across the top, but I normally have this map as 2D.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Does this only appear at night ? Wouldn't be representing night sky ? Only ask as drovehome from airport tonight after being away for 7 days and noticed it on the main screen 3D map,which I normally use,but not on 2 D map,made me think,didn't notice anything on the display between dials,
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Nope, pale blue daytime, black at night. Pretty sure it's not the horizon as the view isn't that flat. There's a lot more land before the horizon.

VW maps suffer from this and I just wonder if the map source is the same.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

I've noticed that a few months ago and thought that's just me not remembering that there was a blue bar at the top :)))
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Why wouldn't it be the Horizon? The night Horizon would be Black.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.