Front Park Sensors not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
rahulz

Post by rahulz »

Hi,

I have recently purchased a used XC40 T3 FWD Momentum ( 2020 Model), that the dealer said came with both front and rear park sensors. However a week of using it , and I still can't seem to get the front sensors to work. I have also asked the dealers but was wondering if users here can help me troubleshoot this. Is there a setting that I need to change? Or is there a 'right' way to use them?

Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Front sensors are not normally standard on a t3 momentum, they usually come fitted with the park assist pack that consists of the front sensors and the rear view camera. If you have the rear view camera the front sensors should be fitted and bleep and show the warning on the main display when you near an obstruction . The rear camera shows up on the main display when reverse is selected. I believe there is a park assist icon on the settings screen that should be green when activated.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

I think the dealer is mistaken. Even without front sensors, I believe the sensor covers are in the front bumper but with nothing behind them.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
rahulz

Post by rahulz »

Thanks, I can definitely see the front sensor covers on the car..but if there is nothing behind them..can they be retro fitted?
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

rahulz wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:08 am Thanks, I can definitely see the front sensor covers on the car..but if there is nothing behind them..can they be retro fitted?
In some markets Volvo is selling front sensors+rear camera as retrofit accessory. Checks your home market Volvo website or ask a Volvo service (not your dealer, he seamed to be clueless about this)
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Hi Rahulz. I think Bocca70 may be right. I have a MY20 Momentum and I paid £325 to have front sensors factory fitted. I should get the dealer to take a look for the connections and seek compensation if they are not there.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

If the car was advertised as having the sensors and they were not there the dealer should either compensate or fit them
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

My understanding is - if you don't have front parking sensors you will just have two round black caps (blanks) fitted below and around where the number plate is located - if you do have standard front parking sensors you will also have a further two body coloured sensors set in the bumpers towards each corner. If these are present you do then have standard front parking sensors - but not working. If these are not present you don't have front parking sensors and the dealer seems to have miss-sold the car.