Heated (not) front seats.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

So 2 months from picking up my new XC40 R design B4 and the front heated seats have stopped working. Just wondered if anyone else has had this and what the cause was. The rear seats are still working as are the steering wheel, rear window and windscreen. Just as the temperature is dropping!
Had my previous car, a Peugeot, for 7 years and the heated seats never failed (actually nothing failed).

stu22

Post by stu22 »

Ours has done it a few times in the last few weeks, seems like it's to do woth the screen having an episode. Dealer loaded new software on Monday, will see how it goes....
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

Thanks for replying Stu. When you say it's done it a few times do you mean that it was intermittent and worked sometimes but not others? I only ask because mine only stopped working today. Unfortunately the nearest dealership is 40 miles away.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Yeah ... our passenger seat appeared to have failed last week during a cold 'snap' .. I booked it in to the dealer as car is only 5weeks old but it was back to normal the next day as temperatures had risen slightly so I cancelled the visit .. still working ok at time of writing but temperatures haven't dipped back to below zero, will continue to monitor
B4 FWD Inscription , MY22, Fusion Red, Blond interior. Climate Pack, F/R Mud Flaps
stu22

Post by stu22 »

PlymDave wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:48 pm Thanks for replying Stu. When you say it's done it a few times do you mean that it was intermittent and worked sometimes but not others? I only ask because mine only stopped working today. Unfortunately the nearest dealership is 40 miles away.
Yes - the screen was indicating the heated seats were in full power but no output, then 20mins later they decide to heat? It's don't it a few times now along with the heater fans not working either....
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

I did have a failure on driver seat heating pad a bit over a month ago. Left with garage for 2 days due to having to order a new pad, mine just gave up. Not nice, but at least it happened while still under warranty.
A giveaway (in my case) was that if left on for a while there was a faint smell of heated plastic. Maybe see if you can sniff it :).
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

Got in this morning and they were working again. Nice warm bottoms on our commute to work and no smells of hot plastic. Will see of it reoccurs.
Stable-Mabel

Post by Stable-Mabel »

Same here, car just two weeks old and passenger seat not always heating. Seems to work sometimes and not others. Going back into to the dealer on Tuesday who is saying it is ‘ a common software fault’ and they will sort it.
taemmert

Post by taemmert »

I own since three weeks an XC40 Recharge Plugin Hybrid. Had the same issues in the beginning, that either the driver seat or the other front seat didnt heat properly. I made quickly an appointment for this week at the retailers Service point to try to fix the problem (the sales guy said it could be a SW issue...)

Actually in the meantime I downloaded many applications and some new cards to the navigation. I Configured that the seats and the wheel have to be heated right after starting the car.
In the last week it seems that in mor of 90% of the cases both frontseats are heating properly.
Therefore I cancelled the apointment at the Volvo Service. Keeping fingers crossed... ;)

Did anybody receive an official answer from Volvo, when the SW issue related to this topic will be solved? The question furthermore, that will we be able to download the newer SW via Download Center or mus visit the Volvo dealer?

I guess we have to wait until Christmas and New Years Eve is over...
VOLVO XC40 T4 Recharge Plug-In Hybrid Inscription Expression Model 2022