XC40 Recharge TWIN Charging Problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
CheshireDoc

Post by CheshireDoc »

Had my XC40 Recharge Twin for a month. Really happy with it having had electric cars for past 7 years.
Suddenly, it's stopped charging from home AC chargers. I have tried a couple and few miles apart that seem to work on other cars.

Thankfully still charging from public Fast DC Charger.
I've been scouring the forums and this seems to be an issue in the electric XC40s in the USA.
Hope there's a fix soon. Waiting to take mine in to the dealership when it opens on Monday (Volvo On Call pretty poor and haven't a clue).
A few other software glitches also noted over the past month. It does feel like I'm Beta testing it. Hoping over-the-air updates will sort out the other minor problems and also enable Apple Car Play.

trignflo

Post by trignflo »

I've had one occasion where my Zappi v2 charger at home refused to charge my P8 and I ended up resetting the Zappi and the car and it's worked since then. Do agree with Google Interface just updated to V1.8 but it seems to be a minor change and no real visible changes apparent.
CheshireDoc

Post by CheshireDoc »

Dealer doesn't have a clue as to why car refuses to charge, now occasionally, at different home chargers. Dealer tried to blame the charge point but unlikely as set of charge points 100 miles apart have never given any problems with previous 2 electric cars nor currently with any other electric car. Not encountered this standard of dealership before. Quite and education...