Bending Lights inoperative - but no fault warning…

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Noodles

Post by Noodles » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:48 pm

Hi there,

We have a 2020 D4 R-Design Pro fitted with the bending (and cornering) lights.

We don’t drive a huge amount at night - so aren’t sure when the problem arose (possibly during a full main dealer service in which the software could/would/should have been updated?) - but the bending feature definitely used to work but does not anymore. The cornering lights still activate (and deactivate if switched off via the console).

There are no fault symbols, codes or messages…

Any ideas? The only thing I can glean from the manual is that the feature is ambient-light-level dependant - but I’ve tried it in complete darkness as well as dusk. The windscreen in front of the sensor area (I.e. the module in front of the centre mirror) is clean - but in any case, blocking it in some way would, presumably, cause the system to activate in brighter conditions than planned - not stop it working in darker conditions…

bdalameda

Post by bdalameda » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:53 am

I had this happen once when I parked on a severe downward incline. When I started up at night and the headlights went through the leveling cycle the headlights would not bend. After driving a while and stopping and restarting they began to function normally. I have not had any issues since.

I would try disabling the bending headlight function, turn off the vehicle completely and then re-enable the feature and see if it resets.

Dan

Noodles

Post by Noodles » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:43 am

Thanks Dan - I’d not thought to try disabling it and then turning the vehicle off - I’d only tried cycling the function running. The other thing(s) I thought of trying were a) trying the other key fob (even though bendy lights are not part of the driver Profile) and b) the Factory Reset option (likely ditto).

Spoke to my VMD service department and they were unable (or unwilling!) to suggest anything other than booking it in…

Noodles

Post by Noodles » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:21 pm

I tried the reset trick - and changing the driver profile to an unused one - and neither worked, unfortunately….

bba

Post by bba » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:58 pm

Mine don’t swivel when the car is stationary but do on the move.
XC40 T5 Polestar Recharge Inscription Pro MY21

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post