Random electrical gremlins?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Can is in with the dealer today. Be interested to see what, if anything, they find.....

stu22

Post by stu22 »

Well unsurprisingly they couldn't find anything wrong and have have carried out a 'global software update' just in case.

They did however note that rear brake pads are down to 2mm at 20000 miles so guess will have to stump up £197 for replacement.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Mine started showing
Adaptive headlights temporarily unavailable
Today. Pressed accept and carried on
Happened about 4 times then was ok (till next time)
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Just as a brief update, car has starting playing up again. Once again heated seats and blower fans will not operate, have to turn the car on and off several times before rhey will work - pretty dangerous at this time of the year as cannot demist the windscreen.
Need to book in again with the dealer but proving to be a bit of a faff due to long wait for a courtesy vehicle.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Chris John wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:56 pm Mine started showing
I had that last night! As you say went away after a couple of minutes.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Felindre wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:31 pm
Chris John wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:56 pm Mine started showing
I had that last night! As you say went away after a couple of minutes.
I've had that about 4-5 times since I picked up the car a month ago, each time when I am first heading out for the day.

Also, I've had a message a few times saying that the sensor for the automatic headlights is blocked.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Went to use the car last night and electric seats would not move, wife ended up having to drive.
Wife called me this morning fuming - heater blowers stuck on max and could not control fan or heat, had to turn off and lock car 3 times to stop it. Once restored heated seats refused to work once again!
Getting a little sick of it now - we were planning to buy a new car soon and highly unlikely will be a Volvo now. Dealership just says nothing wrong with it!
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Well it goes from bad to worse!
Took 4 days to get in touch woth the dealer to book it in (Covid apparently!)
Today wife goes out to car and unlocks as usual but would not recognise her key. She went back in doors to try my key and that wouldn't work either, tried to lock/unlock via the app and not responding. Car then decided to lock itself and now unable to do anything!

Can see this car being px'd very soon the way its going. Very disappointing for a 30 month old 20000 mile car. 😕
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Oh dear, that's awful. Really does sound like a duff battery to me. My previous experience with VW's the electrics played up if the voltage was too low. Maybe putting it on charge might help.

I think there's a hidden physical key in the remote, having gotten in you supposed to be able to place the key in the armrest where it will detect the transducer.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Volvo Assist arrived, or actually some dirty looking guy in a van, and advised that battery was only at 7 volts despite car only being used last night. Clearly something amiss in the electronics that causing a drain now. He jumped started it and left!
Phoned the dealer and they can't get the car in any earlier so will wait and see if will start again in the morning. In the meantime I've got a trade-in value from Mercedes against a new GLB for the wife...