Random electrical gremlins?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Used my wife's XC40 on Sunday morning and had some random electrical gremlins, thinking software so keen so see if others have had similar.

Car is MY2020, T3 R-design manual.

First thing I noticed was on unlocking using my key that the seat stayed in 5'3" woman position and not 6'1" man, door buttons would not move the seat but electric controls would. Mirrors did move though and other oarts of my profile loaded.

It was cold so I switched on heated seats but nothing, then noted that heater fans were not running either - would not adjust using screen and stayed on a very low speed.

Tried the usual lock/unlock, turning off/on again but no change so got on with my trip. 20mins later, all comes on line again as though it was normal!

Haven't spoken to dealer yet but will try to call today...

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Don't think modern cars with all the chips and electric gizmos like the cold weather - bet all ok when its warmer.
Ovlov

Post by Ovlov »

Still beats trying to start a 1970s Ford on a cold day…!
Black T3 R Design. Petrol
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Oldie wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:06 pm Don't think modern cars with all the chips and electric gizmos like the cold weather - bet all ok when its warmer.
Got mine booked into the dealer on Friday .. Passenger seat not heating (all the others are) .. it'll be a bit ironic if the only time they fail is when it's too cold :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
B4 FWD Inscription , MY22, Fusion Red, Blond interior. Climate Pack, F/R Mud Flaps
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Ah yes - remember the choke, trying to judge the cold v how far to pull it out lol
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Well car did it again this morning despite being warmer...

Spoke to dealer and booked in - not too impressed with Lookers though, no courtesy cars until next year and they charge £20 for a collection! Hopefully they actually manage to fix it!
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

Check under the passenger seat - look for water. Mine had lots under the passenger seat and the first time the issue occurred it threw airbag errors, sunroof stopped working, seats stopped moving etc
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA
stu22

Post by stu22 »

XC40Warwick wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:08 pm Check under the passenger seat - look for water. Mine had lots under the passenger seat and the first time the issue occurred it threw airbag errors, sunroof stopped working, seats stopped moving etc
Thanks, will take a look at that as there does appear to be a lot of unprotected modules under the drivers seat.....
Ovlov

Post by Ovlov »

@oldie: using manual crank handle to start Morris Minor 1000 on a freezing winter morning. Happy days!
Black T3 R Design. Petrol
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Ovlov wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:15 pm @oldie: using manual crank handle to start Morris Minor 1000 on a freezing winter morning. Happy days!
I was lucky (?), circa 1969, I lived on an estate at the top of a large hill, and was able to Bump-start my Morri Thou about a mile, some of it over dirt tracks. From time to time I'd have to park it up and catch the bus (the end of the downhill route ended within 50 yards of a bus stop!!) .. I'd return later in the day with WD40 for the Distributer - usually did the trick. :D :D :lol: :lol:
B4 FWD Inscription , MY22, Fusion Red, Blond interior. Climate Pack, F/R Mud Flaps