Sensus Nav. Sys. - Post codes (zip codes)

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
White

Post by White »

I have been unable to get the sat. nav. to recognise post codes, despite reading the manual quite a few times and trying various methods. I can get it to recognise "towns", "streets" etc but require post codes for rural areas. Any suggestions of what am I missing and doing wrong?
Volvo XC40, T4, R-Design Pro, AWD, Automatic, Thunder Cloud Grey

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

I use the app to find places and send them to the car. Volvo satnav is not great for direct entry compared to BMW.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

White wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:10 pm I have been unable to get the sat. nav. to recognise post codes, despite reading the manual quite a few times and trying various methods. I can get it to recognise "towns", "streets" etc but require post codes for rural areas. Any suggestions of what am I missing and doing wrong?
Had to do the very thing today for the first time. After a failed attempt, realised it needs the "correct" Royal Mail format, eg HG2 8PT

If this is what you're inputting, sorry, can't help further.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

As above check you put a space in between the two parts of the post code but honestly if you've got it use the app on your phone it is so much easier.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019