Waze on AppleCarPlay

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
joeldram

Post by joeldram »

I’m having apple car play retro fitted so I can ‘see’ waze on the screen in the car. Does anyone else use this and does it work (before I spend the money!)?
2021 (70 plate) R-design in Oynx Black T3 Auto.

Spider62

Post by Spider62 »

It depends on what you mean by “the screen”, with Apple play you will see waze on the main centre screen but not on the screen between the dials on the dashboard.
R-Design Pro T4 Auto FWD Bursting blue. Intellisafe Pro, Active 4-C Chassis, Rear Park Assist Camera, Front Park Assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Smartphone Intergration.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

A quick search shows many helpful posts with regard to waze. Yes it will appear in the central screen but not the driver display. It also doesn't show in full screen
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Steering wheel and voice commands work very well, unfortunately CarPlay will look relatively small being displayed only on the bottom half of the screen.

ECC7F268-B22B-41B2-91BF-441F8E484541.jpeg

joeldram

Post by joeldram »

thanks all. That’ll do me- so long as I don’t have to se my phone sliding all over the dashboard as I drive and try to follow waze….!
2021 (70 plate) R-design in Oynx Black T3 Auto.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

joeldram wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:03 am thanks all. That’ll do me- so long as I don’t have to se my phone sliding all over the dashboard as I drive and try to follow waze….!
Following Waze on Apple CarPlay, on a double size screen vs. your phone, will be a better experience.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

joeldram wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:03 am thanks all. That’ll do me- so long as I don’t have to se my phone sliding all over the dashboard as I drive and try to follow waze….!
Sometimes when I need Waze or Google Maps, I just put my iPhone on the wireless charging pad (where it usually sits) and start navigation. Whenever there's a voice guidance, it can be heard via the Bluettoth connection in my car (lowering all other sounds from the car speakers) and I can see briefly the iPhone screen, if I'm not sure where I need to go. Sometimes I even open a detachable ashtray in the tunnel console and place the phone there, in portrait or landscape mode, because there I can see it clearly but the bigger bottom part of the screen is then hidden. The phone doesn't slide at all in those positions.
All in all, since I do have data SIM card and am using Spotify and TuneIn apps in the car, I've used Apple CarPlay only couple of times and just for testing. Using Sensus navigation most of the time and navigation on my iPhone just sometimes, but without CarPlay connection and just using Bluetooth, works just fine with me.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018