Panoramic Sunroof Stuck Open

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
mss911

Post by mss911 »

Anyone else experienced this problem ...

The panoramic roof is 'stuck'' fully open & will not close. You can hear the two 'click' sounds from the switch bit no movement.

Been back to the dealer a month ago with the same fault, was 'repaired' by "cleaning a switch / sensor". Was told to use it more frequently.

Clearly will be going back again but wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar & received more permanent fix that I could 'steer' my dealer towards.

Thanks

alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

I had this once. I called out Volvo assist.

He “fixed” it either by holding the roof close button at the same time as ignition on……or by jiggling it at the same time as holding the shut button.

We weren’t exactly sure what part sorted it as both of us were trying things (I was in the front, he was in the back jiggling the blind cover thing.

There is a pano roof reset procedure somewhere on youtube
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
mss911

Post by mss911 »

Thanks alanplum241276,

The hitting the ignition button & 'jiggling' the roof switch has enabled me to inch it closed :-)

Won't open now but will leave alone until the dealer takes a look - can't risk it being stuck open this time of year.

Could only find a reset video https://youtu.be/AnkECyJNydw nothing on a XC40 with a roof stuck open.

Incidently you clearly got a more experienced Volvo Assist tech than I did when it first failed - best I was offered was a black bin liner & some 'gaffer' tape.

Cheers

mss
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

Yes that's the video. If you follow that procedure it will probably "fix" your issue....for now....

I understand not wanting to try it now you have it closed.....I haven't tried mine since the incident.
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel