Driver display lag when using navigation

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
rymo

Post by rymo »

Hi,

Had my xc40 for a couple weeks now and today I’ve noticed a lag with the driver display.

I turn the car on and the car image pops up to show you the seat belts etc, up until yesterday the map image would appear but it doesn’t, even though I have the option selected.

If I input a destination on the navigation via the central display, it takes a few minutes to appear on the driver display. The menu button on the steering wheel also becomes inactive until the map loads.

Any ideas what this could be. Up until yesterday everything worked instantly.

TIA

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Try a press of the central button on the RHS on steering wheel acts as an OK button and will clear the messages and get the map showing. There might be a system message or alert that it wants you to agree to...even something like you've put something on the passenger seat but there seatbelt isn't showing as fastened...silly things like that. Try the press and see if it moves on..otherwise you have to wait for the auto timeout before it moves on.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

MIne is the same. Sometimes the map appears almost immediately, sometimes the view of the car remains for several minutes before the map puts in an appearance. I will try @blastpipe's suggestion next time it happens.
Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

I’ve also had the same a few times. I Tend to ignore and it corrects itself after maybe a mile
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras