T5 slow kickdown

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
bigboots

Post by bigboots »

i have noticed recently that my 2021 T5 has seemed to be very slow on the kick down for getting going, sometimes its a couple of seconds after the foot has been planted that it finally takes off, it also seems to some times feel like it is 'surging' when i have my foot down, have any of you had the same or have any ideas what may be causing it.

Many thanks

Rockford

Post by Rockford »

Are you in hybrid mode, and running on electric prior to planting your foot? If so, I've noticed the same.
If I'm at a tricky junction I'll often put it in 'power' mode to bring in the petrol engine so that I know I'll have the necessary 'umph' straightaway when I ask for it.
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey
bigboots

Post by bigboots »

Rockford wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:49 pm Are you in hybrid mode, and running on electric prior to planting your foot? If so, I've noticed the same.
If I'm at a tricky junction I'll often put it in 'power' mode to bring in the petrol engine so that I know I'll have the necessary 'umph' straightaway when I ask for it.
For the majority of the time yes, it’s not far off it’s 18k mile service so will raise it with the dealership then and see what they say,it’s also started to ‘stall’ when in hybrid mode, fully charged battery flat level ground for to pull away and nothing, engine kicks in but still doesn’t always pull away until throttle pedal is released and re pressed again