Steering Wheel peeling

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Bill365

Post by Bill365 »

Morse wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:56 am . I had absolutely no idea of value now the car is almost 3 years old, so I typed in reg details on Webuyanycar site. It came back at a shade over £31k which meant the car has lost only £9k in 3 years. (I appreciate what the site quotes and what they are likely to actually pay will differ) but nevertheless I found that depreciation quite remarkable. Is this in line with others expectations?
I wouldn't be surprised if you got the full money. I sold my last car to We Buy Any Car in August and got the full value as per quote. £4000 more than my February quote!

metinozs

Post by metinozs »

Hi
I have the same problem on my steering wheel and the peeled area is upper 1/4 of the steering wheel that has the least contacted area. i didn't use any cleaning products, lotions or sanitizers. I live in Turkey and my dealer refused to change it under warranty. @Morse's situation gave hope to me. Can you please share your receipt or something to show my dealer as it can be covered under warranty. It is very disappointing that such a problem occurs in a 1.5 year old car.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Morse wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:05 pm Good point Re cleaning chemicals. The answer is whilst I do not, I have regularly taken the car to a ‘hand’ car wash to have both the interior and exterior attended to. As such I cannot attest to what cleaning solutions they use, never really given it a second thought.

:shock:
Just to add to the 'Hand-wash' facilities .. I take my Renault Megane regularly and they always give you a cheap 'scented' mobile thingy. I don't like to hang these from the mirror so started hanging them off the gear stick with the result that the plastic centre consul has very similar ripples to the photos above :cry: :cry: .. I use the smellies in our dustbins these days ;) ;)
B4 FWD Inscription , MY22, Fusion Red, Blond interior. Climate Pack, F/R Mud Flaps
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Could the peeling be related to the heating up of a steering wheel - if the car(s) have this feature 🤔
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
NeilH

Post by NeilH »

I have seen a steering wheel peeling and the owner put it down to frequent use of hand sanitizers,my wife has similar peeling on her leather handbag handle,also down to frequent hand sanitizer use
metinozs

Post by metinozs »

I don't think the problem in my car is related to the disinfectant. I do not use disinfectant and the peeling area is the upper area with very little contact with the hands. Also, if you consider the leather of the steering wheel as 4 pieces, there is only one with this problem.