Disconnected Download Centre

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
EmJay

Post by EmJay »

Just in case anyone is experiencing this.

First of all, the car's P-SIM is still valid and the Internet Globe is showing with signal bars.

Last Friday, halfway through the latest map download I had a message that the Download Centre was disconnected. Consequently the map download is is "paused". The car is connected to the internet - well, the Globe is showing with signal bars. However, the two Apps I have downloaded (Weather and Google Search) no longer work and are greyed out. According to Volvo help the problem should rectify itself by opening up the Download Centre a couple of times or by connecting the car with any of the other communication options. If they too fail then it is a dealership problem.

I have tried: Tethering with wifi, connecting with bluetooth and connecting to my garage's wifi node. Nothing works. The car is due its first service next Monday and the servicing dept has been informed via the on-line preservice questionnaire. So it is over to the dealership's servicing team but I am interested if anyone else has experienced this problem.
XC40 Momentum B4P (MY2021) Denim Blue, FWD, Automatic

ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Perhaps they do have some issues with Download Centre today. My CX40 told me twice today that there is a software update available (Map 1353 has already been auto-installed couple of days ago) but I couldn't find which app or map it refers to. There was no "rotating circle" in the upper right corner of the main display, which usually shows there's an installation in progress. 🤷🏻‍♂️
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
Deleted User 2504

Post by Deleted User 2504 »

My Sensus tells me a new map update is available too, via the blue dot with ‘1’ inside. I go onto maps and NW Europe (my home region) sometimes says ‘paused’ and sometimes it says there’s no update. I have all the icons at the top of the screen, including the globe.

I don’t know what’s going on, but I know it’s Pizza for tea 👍🏻
EmJay

Post by EmJay »

ropetko wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:08 pm Perhaps they do have some issues with Download Centre today. My CX40 told me twice today that there is a software update available (Map 1353 has already been auto-installed couple of days ago) but I couldn't find which app or map it refers to. There was no "rotating circle" in the upper right corner of the main display, which usually shows there's an installation in progress. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sadly, this has been an issue for over a week now! 😔
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Do the new models with Android software dispense with this unsatisfactory Vodafone pSIM?
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

WelshRobin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:03 pm Do the new models with Android software dispense with this unsatisfactory Vodafone pSIM?
Vodafone UK has nothing to do with this, neither does any other mobile data provider you choose to buy the PSIM from.
Volvo download servers seam to cause the problem here.
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

EmJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:52 am Sadly, this has been an issue for over a week now! 😔
This has also been mentioned on the Map Update thread. It's strange that some folks are reporting being disconnected and others are receiving the map update so are clearly connected.

I am booked in at the dealer on Wednesday for them to take a look.

Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021
EmJay

Post by EmJay »

Stanno wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:26 am
EmJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:52 am Sadly, this has been an issue for over a week now! 😔
This has also been mentioned on the Map Update thread. It's strange that some folks are reporting being disconnected and others are receiving the map update so are clearly connected.

I am booked in at the dealer on Wednesday for them to take a look.

Stanno
Mine is in tomorrow for its first annual service but I have flagged it with the service department.
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

EmJay wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:05 pm Mine is in tomorrow for its first annual service but I have flagged it with the service department.
It will be interesting to hear what they have to say - you never know, might save me a 50-mile round trip 8-)

Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Stanno wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:42 pm
EmJay wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:05 pm Mine is in tomorrow for its first annual service but I have flagged it with the service department.
It will be interesting to hear what they have to say - you never know, might save me a 50-mile round trip 8-)

Stanno
I don't think I would make a fifty mile round trip just to get the latest map update. I have the two most recent ones and they still try to direct me 2 miles around a non-existent junction restriction half a mile from my house.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior