Disconnected Download Centre

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

Greggspies wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:03 pm I don't think I would make a fifty mile round trip just to get the latest map update. I have the two most recent ones and they still try to direct me 2 miles around a non-existent junction restriction half a mile from my house.
It's not just maps (I know I can fix that via USB), until it connects I can't update/add new apps either.

Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021

EmJay

Post by EmJay »

Stanno wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:42 pm
EmJay wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:05 pm Mine is in tomorrow for its first annual service but I have flagged it with the service department.
It will be interesting to hear what they have to say - you never know, might save me a 50-mile round trip 8-)

Stanno
The problem was fixed today by my local dealership during the first annual service. I believe it was a corrupted maps download that crashed my download centre's connection. The map updated on the way home.
XC40 Momentum B4P (MY2021) Denim Blue, FWD, Automatic
EmJay

Post by EmJay »

EmJay wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:36 pm Just in case anyone is experiencing this.

First of all, the car's P-SIM is still valid and the Internet Globe is showing with signal bars.

Last Friday, halfway through the latest map download I had a message that the Download Centre was disconnected. Consequently the map download is is "paused". The car is connected to the internet - well, the Globe is showing with signal bars. However, the two Apps I have downloaded (Weather and Google Search) no longer work and are greyed out. According to Volvo help the problem should rectify itself by opening up the Download Centre a couple of times or by connecting the car with any of the other communication options. If they too fail then it is a dealership problem.

I have tried: Tethering with wifi, connecting with bluetooth and connecting to my garage's wifi node. Nothing works. The car is due its first service next Monday and the servicing dept has been informed via the on-line preservice questionnaire. So it is over to the dealership's servicing team but I am interested if anyone else has experienced this problem.
The problem was fixed today by my local dealership during the first annual service. I believe it was a corrupted maps download that crashed my download centre's connection. The map updated on the way home.
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

EmJay wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:42 pm
EmJay wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:05 pm Mine is in tomorrow for its first annual service but I have flagged it with the service department.
It will be interesting to hear what they have to say - you never know, might save me a 50-mile round trip 8-)

Stanno
@Emjay: Many thanks for the information, I will let my dealership know ahead of my visit on Wednesday.

Stanno
bigboots

Post by bigboots »

i have the same issue here, map wont update, always saying paused, have had to update by using the USB option, now i cant set or amend any parking timers via the VOC app (have it on both android and apple phones and get the same error) .
to say im reluctant to take a 50 mile round trip to the dealership is an understatement but looking at the threads on this issue it seems to be the only fix :(
EmJay

Post by EmJay »

Stanno wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:11 pm
EmJay wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:42 pm

Stanno
@Emjay: Many thanks for the information, I will let my dealership know ahead of my visit on Wednesday.

Stanno
Hope all goes well! 👍🏼
Joss

Post by Joss »

Had the same problem for a couple of days but corrected itself today
2021 P8 recharge Sage Green
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

Well, set off this morning for the dealership, thought I ought to check the status and was presented with a message that the map update was installing. Seems to have corrected itself.

The issue I was having with the App reporting "Car is in use" has also gone away, were the two linked perhaps? Who knows?

Stanno
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Much the same for me. After several aborted attempts to download the latest map, I made a booking with the car dealership (who said they had not heard of this problem, incidentally) then this morning the download and installation worked smoothly, as usual.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

There’s a new iOS update for Volvo Cars app, version 5.4.2 with new logo graphics and hopefully bug fixes.