Volvo’s Integrated Running Boards

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

Hi all. Does anybody here have the official running boards on their XC40?

Mine is sitting with the dealer waiting for the parts to come in for install. I’d love to see others if anybody has photos? They only became available last month as I understand, and only compatible with MY2021-onwards. No photos to be found online yet!

bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

I've never heard of running boards for the XC40. Not sure why you would need them as the car is low enough to the ground that you would not need them.
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

I found this picture and description of the XC40 running boards. Personally I think they ruin the lines of the car and you cannot install mudflaps with these installed.

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-cy ... 19982/2021
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

I can see the point if you have small grandchildren as I have who struggle to get in and out of the back, but I don't like the look of them.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

bdalameda wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:46 pm I've never heard of running boards for the XC40. Not sure why you would need them as the car is low enough to the ground that you would not need them.
If your footmen can't keep up they need somewhere to jump on to.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

Greggspies wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:20 pm I can see the point if you have small grandchildren as I have who struggle to get in and out of the back, but I don't like the look of them.
This is exactly the reason we had them on the Tiguan, although daughters rather than granddaughter! Older can very happily clamber aboard using the steps on her own, and the younger one will do the same when she’s a little older. Also makes it much easier for my father (who has Parkinsons) to get in, and was very handy for getting up into the roof box when travelling..

I don’t mind the aesthetic: it looked really good on the Tiguan. It seems there’s not any ‘actual’ pictures of the XC40 just yet though. They’ve only been available a few weeks so hardly surprising. I’ll pop some up once the car arrives.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

xc40_running_boards.jpg

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Wonder what the increase in insurance is for those as a modification?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

About the same as for fitting roof bars, I should think.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Greggspies wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:44 am About the same as for fitting roof bars, I should think.
Could be...could be more...as roof bars are not in any normal contact point unlike side steps which might either cause more damage to another vehicle, be more likely to have contact with another vehicle or inanimate object...or cause more serious injury to a person in the event of a collision.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019