New map update out

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

1353 released yesterday, another is planned for 30/09/21

Joss

Post by Joss »

Doesn't show up as available on map updates on the car but is there to download on pc.
2021 P8 recharge Sage Green
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

It is now showing planned update for 13/9. Pretty strange to have two updates so close, I will be waiting for the second one, not least because of the length of time it takes to install. It refuses to update over the air in my car, and after downloading it, from putting the USB stick in the car and starting the update it took a couple of days to complete, so the new release will probably be out before I could complete the update.
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I'm still mystified why people need to worry about this, or even be aware of it. Mine's simply always up-to-date, it must do it by itself without bothering me.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

There's a choice whether the car auto-updates maps or not, I seem to remember. In many years of using satnavs, I've yet to find any update made any difference to where I drive or the journeys I take. Except there was one occasion when on a main road which had been realigned, the satnav thought I was driving in a field, but I didn't feel the need to steer out of it and back onto the road!
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Deleted User 3359

Greggspies wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:04 pm There's a choice whether the car auto-updates maps or not, I seem to remember. In many years of using satnavs, I've yet to find any update made any difference to where I drive or the journeys I take. Except there was one occasion when on a main road which had been realigned, the satnav thought I was driving in a field, but I didn't feel the need to steer out of it and back onto the road!
On the contrary, the Volvo maps are the only ones that have included the replacement of 2 pairs of double roundabouts near me with two large single roundabouts
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

jamie307 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:44 pm I'm still mystified why people need to worry about this, or even be aware of it. Mine's simply always up-to-date, it must do it by itself without bothering me.
Because mine says there is an update available but it is too big to download over the air. I have no idea why that should be as it is only 2Gb but it is what happens. My BMW updated automatically, but asked for permission before starting, presumably so I didn't lose the SatNav when I was using it. 2 updates in 10 days seems unusual to say the least - I would guess there is a major flaw in 1353.
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

A few years ago a map update showed the route of a new bypass in outline even before it was brought into use and I presume without the map update new fixed location speed cameras would not be shown?
Deleted User 3359

I downloaded the map a couple of days ago (53GB). It installed via the USB in 30 minutes...
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

I always download maps on USB and install them, after I see the auto-update in progress. The interesting thing is that yesterday I downloaded the 1353 version but before that I've checked the home map version in the car and it says 1350. Looks like my car "didn't get the memo" which is strange. It was usually the sign of the new map update available.
Could it be that Sensus stopped the auto-update feature for this map version only because there's going to be a new map update in less than a week?
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018