New map update out

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Tomorrow morning sorted. Thanks for the heads up 👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Just went outside to check and it just told me it's just updated itself :-)
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

According to the website next map update due 03Feb. Wonder why.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Many of us take an interest in the arrival of a new map update but I wonder how often anyone spots a change!
Steker

Post by Steker »

I think that like me some people hope that with each update the mapping will get a little better, but sadly in the nearly 3 years I’ve owned my car there has been little or no improvement.
MY19 Inscription D3 AWD. Pine grey, Winter pack, Comfort pack.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Just a few days later another new version, 1373!
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Felindre wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:14 pm Just a few days later another new version, 1373!
Yes I wondered what was going on. Updated via USB a couple of days ago, got in car this morning and it started updating
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

No update now until 21st April... When I updated to 1370, my "learned routes" (the ones I actually drive rather than the ones the satnag wants me to take) came back much more quickly... Interesting to see what happens when I stick the 1373 USB in the car...
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

As my year of free Voda P-SIM is finished, did this map update via USB.

I'd forgotten how painfully slow USB update is. I think the spec says USB2 (480 Mbps) but that would transfer NW Europe in under a minute. I don't think so...

I bunged the fast, high-spec USB memory stick in (after remembering the 3 files need to be in the root, not left in the Sensus Update SPA (North West Europe) folder).
Unlike an OTA download update, where you get a percentage bar for downloading and then another one for installing, much cruder for USB updates. Just a spinning wheel icon.

After 20 minutes I arrived so switched off and returned later. Did it restart or resume... who knows.
Didn't want this update hanging over me, so took the long scenic route home.
Just over *40* minutes later, the spinning wheel dissapeared.

No message to say what was happening, and examining the map in DownloadCentre/Maps still showed the old version number.

I'm hoping it has transferred from the memory stick, unzipped on the car and will be installed on next restart.

OTA updates done in the past have been much quicker. It's a bit of a pain that things only happen when the ignition is on, otherwise slow updates wouldn't really matter; plug the USB stick in and walk away.

Just hope they never update the software such that a full Europe map update is required. You'd have to drive to Moscow and back to give it the time.
MY2020 R-Design
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

You DO get the download progress bar on the Sensus download app (Why would you need it on the Display - it's all on the USB and this is an install, not a file copy). My Display shows % progress for the install, certainly when you have the "block display" on (Nav, Radio, Phone etc)... It takes exactly 30 minutes to do the NW Europe 53GB install, and has done with all the updates in the last year.