Spotify - Radio - Whatsapp

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Hi,
Have a Spotify account set up in the car, and then also my own through Android Auto (the car version gives different music suggestions).
When a Whatsapp message is received, if you press the notification, it reads it out straight away.
If you don't press the notification or receive another during listening to the first message, trying to press the notification to play it is a pain.

Also when recording a reply, the radio / spotify sometimes mutes, but sometimes doesn't. Meaning the Android assistant doesn't dictate the message properly - which she can't even do always when the music is muted.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

My suggestion is you’d be far better off concentrating on driving and worry about messages when you stop!
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
BrianT58

Post by BrianT58 »

SteveW wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:53 pm Hi,
Have a Spotify account set up in the car, and then also my own through Android Auto (the car version gives different music suggestions).
When a Whatsapp message is received, if you press the notification, it reads it out straight away.
If you don't press the notification or receive another during listening to the first message, trying to press the notification to play it is a pain.

Also when recording a reply, the radio / spotify sometimes mutes, but sometimes doesn't. Meaning the Android assistant doesn't dictate the message properly - which she can't even do always when the music is muted.

Any suggestions?

thanks
I had some issues when I had the in car Spotify and the AA Spotify both registered at the same time and so I signed out of the in car version and the issues went away.
Regards Brian
MY2024 XC-40 Ultimate B4
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

Chris John wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:50 pm My suggestion is you’d be far better off concentrating on driving and worry about messages when you stop!
Great input, Cpt Sensible!
sammy21

Post by sammy21 »

Aero wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:23 pm
Hi,

Any suggestions?

thanks
I suggest you not read messages when driving. its safe to listen to music tough.
Arshi

Post by Arshi »

SteveW wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:53 pm Hi,GB WhatsApp

Any suggestions?

thanks
To avoid the hassle of pressing notifications to listen to messages, try enabling the "Read Aloud" feature in your messaging app's settings. Additionally, ensure that the "Do Not Disturb" feature is enabled while driving. If the Android Assistant is not dictating messages properly, try adjusting the microphone sensitivity in the Assistant's settings.
Arshi Agarwal WhatsApp aero
Rupesh

Post by Rupesh »

The issue still exist even after signing out of the in car Spotify. Any other way? GBWhatsApp APK
Preethi

Post by Preethi »

Chris John wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:50 pm My suggestion is you’d be far better off concentrating on driving and worry about messages when you stop!
Focusing on driving is paramount; prioritize safety and handle messages when you're safely stopped. It's crucial for everyone's well-being.GB whatsapp apk