Should the charge cable on the recharge ‘Lock in’ when vehicle locked?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
trignflo

Post by trignflo »

Ok, I can’t locate the answer on line. When I charge my XC40 recharge I can walk up to the vehicle without my key, press the unlock button and the cable can be released. This means anyone could wander up and stop my charge and charge their car if they could get close enough to use the cable. Not sure if it meant to be locked in so nobody can remove?

morganj

Post by morganj »

trignflo wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:12 pm Ok, I can’t locate the answer on line. When I charge my XC40 recharge I can walk up to the vehicle without my key, press the unlock button and the cable can be released. This means anyone could wander up and stop my charge and charge their car if they could get close enough to use the cable. Not sure if it meant to be locked in so nobody can remove?
If the unlock button is working your key is still within radio range, try it again with the key (all keys) in your microwave (or a longer distance away) and you should find it does not unlock.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist