Faults - Worried!

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Handyman, I agree with you! I was being a bit facetious in what i wrote. Standards of driving do seem to have deteriorated. Apart from the eternal problem of tailgating it seems to me that failing to signal at roundabouts is becoming very common, especially by left-turning traffic. I have no idea why, when it is the simplest of actions to take and very helpful to other drivers. There is more than an element of selfishness in this. And here in Norfolk there seem to be an increasing number of ‘single vehicle’ collisions. I suppose they would most likely be due to excessive speed or lack of attention.
Regarding the Volvo safety features, I have had four or five occasions when they have alerted me with the warning sound and a brief brake application. In a couple of cases I could see it was justified although I knew it was an unnecessary intervention. On one occasion the software decided an oncoming car on a 60mph single carriageway was a threat to me - I have no idea why.

White

Post by White »

Like many others, I have now had my XC40 for some 18 months without a single problem and would happily have another if I were to update.
I did choose an AWD as the weather in Scotland can be unpredictable and I do go mildly off road whilst fishing. Not really a fault but the Pirelli Zero tyres which it came with are not particularly good in these circumstances, especially snow. I will therefor, as recommended in other posts, replace them with all weather ones when that time comes.
Volvo XC40, T4, R-Design Pro, AWD, Automatic, Thunder Cloud Grey