Faults - Worried!

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

PlymDave wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:10 pm Yes Blastpipe, I'm continuing with my order and can't wait to pick it up next month. Just testing the reactions a bit I guess which worked out exactly as I hoped.
Good choice well made!
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel

morganj

Post by morganj »

Chipping in here with my 2p worth.

Just today had my first (1year) service. Purely an exercise in following procedures. Never had any issues whatsoever with My Xc40 recharge. Not a single issue.

On another note. Must give thanks to my dealer (Bilia, Olari in Espoo Finland) had a courtesy car waiting for me and when I collected the car it was washed and waxed. Inside cleaned. And for the icing on the cake they had even cleaned my sons booster seat!

Could not be happier.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Can only reiterate what others have said no serious problem in 2 and a half years and 25,000 miles. Once the boot started opening by itself when locked but Volvo Assist sorted it by oiling catch and no problems since.
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Sports cars with low-profile tyres - great. SUV's with low profile tyres - not so great.
You need a decent depth on the sidewall of a tyre for comfort, and looks better too on an SUV - see some big SUV's with massive wheels and always cringe.
bba

Post by bba »

ciuncky wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:42 pm I think the RDesign comes with larger brake calipers that limit you to 19"+ , but on the other trims you can downsize to 18 if you'd prefer. Possibly even lower though your garage will be able to help there.
Required brake size (primarily disc diameter) is a direct function of engine (+motor) power and as there is no power difference in the various engine options across the model variants, be it Inscription, R-Design or Momentum, it seems unlikely an R-Design with the same engine as another variant has larger brake discs. This as the heat dissipation capacity of the brakes is matched to the engine power.

Also, I understood R-Design is a styling variant, not a performance one. It seems there is a major hint in the name.

Does not fitting smaller rims than those the vehicle is supplied with cause problems with conformance to the “whole vehicle type approval” even though the wheel diameter is maintained? I would love to change to smaller rims but thought that nowadays that is out.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Cornishman wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:39 pm Not so, my R-Design has 18" wheels... The industry and stylists fixation with low profile tyres is pathetic, they must be in the pay of wheel insurance and repairers!
Mine, too.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Morse

Post by Morse »

Not been on the forum for a wee while but for what it’s worth, took delivery December 2018, been in for two services and only real complaint/issue has been fuel consumption. When I mentioned this at the dealership on the occasion of the last service, the response was “well it is a T5!” Hope you enjoy your car, I still do
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Good for you PlymDave, I've had my T4 Inscription Pro (with many extras) in Pebble Grey and Black Leather interior for 2 years with absolutely no issues / problems, albeit only done 6K miles because of Covid etc.
The car is a pleasure own and drive and with all the safely feature we (HTMBO) feel very safe especially with some of the idiot driver that out there that think they are the only one allowed on the roads.

The safely feature have been needed on several occasions to avoid a coming together from the above mentioned idiots.

Pebble Grey with the extra body trim in my view looks great and doesn't show the road grime like lighter coloured models.

Good choice, enjoy the experience.

Regards

Handyman
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Hi there Handyman. Are you saying that without the Volvo CitySafety protection you might have had several collisions in only 6000 miles? If so, I think I had better keep away from your town!
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Hi WelshRobin,

I don't know how you feel but I and my friends / colleagues are of the opinion that the standard of driving (I’m in the UK) has deteriorated over the years regarding road discipline and courteousness to another road user.

I suspect because I’ve been restricted to urban driving, hence the low milage because of Covid I’ve encountered / seen more bad driving and when you take into account the hazards of careless cyclist and pedestrian the Volvo safety features provide advance warning of a possible coming together, not necessarily a collision.

In my opinion the feel-good aspect of the Volvo safety features provides extra “protection”.

Regards
Handyman