Sim Card

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

Hi, I keep losing my internet connection in the car and getting the message no sim card installed, When I remove the sim card and re-insert it it works for a while and then I lose the connection again, The holder feels quite loose, so I'm wondering if this is a common problem, and is there an easy fix I could try. Hope this makes sense

Roy

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Not my experience sorry, I've never even looked where the holder is.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Spider62

Post by Spider62 »

I’ve never had a problem in the 18 months that I’ve had the car, after settling up only ever lost the internet connection in a poor signal area. The SIM holder in the boot is firmly mounted so I think you might have an issue if yours is loose.
R-Design Pro T4 Auto FWD Bursting blue. Intellisafe Pro, Active 4-C Chassis, Rear Park Assist Camera, Front Park Assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Smartphone Intergration.
neonman

Post by neonman »

Thinking of getting a data Sim for my XC40 is it worth it? Or is using the likes of AppleCar enough and gives you the apps you need ?
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

neonman wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:31 am Thinking of getting a data Sim for my XC40 is it worth it? Or is using the likes of AppleCar enough and gives you the apps you need ?
Advantages for car being connected to internet:
- live traffic info in Sensus navigation
- OTA map updates for Sensus navigation
- music streaming with Spotify and TuneIn Radio app in Sensus infotainment
- car WiFi hotspot creation, use the car data SIM for your phone or passenger devices (kids with tablets)

However, you don’t need in car data SIM to connect the car to the internet, you can turn on personal hotspot on your iPhone and connect the car through WiFi to your iPhone using its existing data plan. If you’re relying exclusively on your iPhone apps through Apple CarPlay for music and navigation, then you probably don’t need an extra data SIM for the car.

Even though I use exclusively my iPhone for music (Apple Music & Podcasts) and navigation (Waze), I still find it more convenient and flexible to have the car always online and not mess with hotspoting my iPhone every time I get behind the wheel. Therefore, I use in car data SIM.