Ignition won't go off

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

I really feel it makes a lot of sense. I made a habit of pressing the P button and pulling the handbreak if i drive on the Individual profile (no start stop) or simply opening the door and the engine shuts, park gets engaged and handbrake on if Start-Stop engages.

That said, i wouldn't expect it to turn off in Neutral - for example if i need it to be raised on a platform, or to be pulled through an automatic car wash

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Isn't this getting overcomplicated? Pull up in D or R. Press and hold the Off button. Job done.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
allyburt

Post by allyburt »

Hi,
This might be too simple an answer but bear with me. When I first got my hybrid Xc40 design I thought I had a problem with not being able to turn the car on. I played about and then it would start. I spoke to my supplier and they told me maybe I was holding the start button too long. Since then I have no problem as I just tap the start button and don’t push it. The reason I tell you this is because I have just occasionally found my car wouldn’t turn off and I think again I may have been holding the stop/ start button too long, maybe worth trying.