Spotify app not launching

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
michael123

Post by michael123 »

What I do, and it usually helps, I switch temporarily to other source, for example TuneIn

There is something broken in Spotify app (the native one, not the real on the phone that is updated constantly) related to communications. For example, if I start it inside the parking without proper cell signal, there is a chance it won't ever connect

browncamry

Post by browncamry »

I should have came here first.

I thought tethering wasn’t working so I purchased a dashcam with 4g to provide wifi to the unit (Australians don’t have the modem installed for virtual assistance). Cost me a lot of money and turns out the dashcam doesn’t deliver internet to wifi connected devices. Urrgg partly my fault. Mostly my fault.

So all of this because I thought tethering wasn’t working. I’ve been pulling my hair out for a better solution and every solution resulted in dead ends. If it turns out that the Spotify app is simply not working then at least I can end this chapter of my life.

Perhaps I’ll just plug in my phone from now on. Messy cables in expensive car……..
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

browncamry wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:22 am I should have came here first.

I thought tethering wasn’t working so I purchased a dashcam with 4g to provide wifi to the unit (Australians don’t have the modem installed for virtual assistance). Cost me a lot of money and turns out the dashcam doesn’t deliver internet to wifi connected devices. Urrgg partly my fault. Mostly my fault.

So all of this because I thought tethering wasn’t working. I’ve been pulling my hair out for a better solution and every solution resulted in dead ends. If it turns out that the Spotify app is simply not working then at least I can end this chapter of my life.

Perhaps I’ll just plug in my phone from now on. Messy cables in expensive car……..
For tethering purpose buy a portable 4G modem that’s powered by USB cable and place it in the trunk connected to the 12V power inlet found there. This way you get rid of the cables in the cabin. Spotify app should work after your next system software update.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

For the record, my Spotify app works fine for the last year or so. I've been using internal 4G modem card with highest quality and the only issue I get is that sometimes it won't work if there's no proper cell signal.
I'm afraid what will happen with the app in two weeks time, when I'm about to go to regular annual maintenance and sw upgrade... 😬
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
browncamry

Post by browncamry »

Turns out my BlackVue DR750LTE dashcam does deliver internet for connected devices! So everything is working well. This is despite BlackVue telling me it isn’t supposed to work - must have been the firmware update. I’m glad because the dashcam is chunky and it must have served this purpose.

The Spotify app works much better with this setup. It actually works. So there must be something wrong with tethering internet and Spotify.

I was thinking about a USB 4G card. I presume it powers up quickly enough. it would have been a good option!