Spotify app not launching

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

For the past couple of days the spotify app has been very slow to start, and today it's refusing to go beyond the 'connecting' spinning blue circle of doom. Normally swapping to radio then back, and sometimes turning the car modem off and on will sort it, but no matter how many times I try that today it's not playing.

Has anyone else encountered this? All my other apps are working fine. Spotify via Appleplay seems to work fine. It's just the native app.

AceStefan02

Post by AceStefan02 »

yeahhhh, same here. I think it has been down for like 3 to 4 days.
and still no sign of getting it back working
Jamoeesh

Post by Jamoeesh »

Yes same for me. Never works. I can I lyvuae it in Apple car play when connecting my phone via USB
algrey

Post by algrey »

Same problem here......anyone with a solution?
BiddyR

Post by BiddyR »

Same, spoke to Volvo aware, said a system update will be sent out to sort. Don’t go holding your breath, not much urgency it would seem
T4 R Design Pro FWD
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Get real people it’s not exactly a good app anyway
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Chris John wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:32 pm Get real people it’s not exactly a good app anyway
Get real about what? I asked if anyone else was experiencing this fault, some are. I fail to see what there is to get real about. Regardless of the app being 'good' or not it does offer a better audio quality than using the app via cable on a phone, and as it's a feature of the car it would be nice to have it working as intended.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Alex_O wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:22 pm
Chris John wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:32 pm Get real people it’s not exactly a good app anyway
Get real about what? I asked if anyone else was experiencing this fault, some are. I fail to see what there is to get real about. Regardless of the app being 'good' or not it does offer a better audio quality than using the app via cable on a phone, and as it's a feature of the car it would be nice to have it working as intended.
People bothering to speak to Volvo for a start. More important things to worry about than a poor app in a car
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
asb

Post by asb »

No problem opening source Spotify on my XC40. My21 version of May 2021
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Chris John wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:01 pm
Alex_O wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:22 pm
People bothering to speak to Volvo for a start. More important things to worry about than a poor app in a car
Of course there more important things to worry about. World peace, the economy, war, the situation in Israel etc, etc. But as this a Volvo forum, I guess a question about an app installed in a Volvo car is a valid one🙄
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.