Dealer Software Update

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

Hello All

T3 XC40 going in for first service soon. I've had issues with the whole infotainment and dashboard screens going blank, except for speedo, for a few seconds and then rebooting (car drives OK) so I've asked them to do a software update. Volvo websites lists several vehicle software updates since we got the car (and I don't mean maps or apps, those I've updated myself).
But I can't see anyway to check software versions of the vehicle firmware? Anyone know? Want to make sure the dealer does do the software update.

Thanks!

Software changes shown below:
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/so ... 40/2020w17

Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

As far as I am aware there is no way of checking the version yourself unfortunately, you just have to trust the dealer…
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Stagman

Post by Stagman »

I had the same experience in 2020 with a dealer software update introduced bug in the system. They had it in again but it did not fix it and I have complained to the service manager to no avail. I understand it is quite common now and is connected with using the DAB radio.

I was asked not to use DAB. Come on Volvo this is supposed to be a premium car!

About to book this years service so will be tacking them again.
R Design T5 Osmium Grey Auto