Sensus

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Morse

Post by Morse »

Strangely I encountered this issue following its last service. System kept rebooting and took ages to fully connect and function. I was planning to take the car back in but issue resolved itself after a few days. It’s been fine since.
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.

RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

I tried an experiment this afternoon. For the last few weeks, I've been leaving the radio on FM when switching off the car and had no Sensus problems. Today, I switched to DAB for a journey and left the radio in DAB when I switched off. When I restarted the car a couple of hours later, Sensus went into its reboot rigmarole. Three times. It eventually settled down.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Joss

Post by Joss »

Have a chat with your dealership and see if they are aware there is an update coming.
2021 P8 recharge Sage Green
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

I will do that. It will alert them to the fact that there's a problem, if nothing else.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Roma317

Post by Roma317 »

I've had my T4 for almost 2 years and haven't had a problem until today.

Today on leaving a supermarket carpark the map between the Speedo/Rec counter went blank, and the central screen went black. The screens showed a loading... message, and tried to reboot three times. On the 3rd time all the screens came on and all was well.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Hi I have inscription b4 awd all my screen goes off including the speedo been back to hatfeilds for updates but still turns off or won't load up until 5th or 6 th time.of turning of and on
Joss

Post by Joss »

According to my dealer it is being caused by a problem with the dab radio. As suggested I have left it tuned to FM when I turn the car off and this seems to work. They also said they are hoping for an update from Volvo next month. Fingers crossed!
2021 P8 recharge Sage Green