Sensus

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Joss

Post by Joss »

Hi anyone else having trouble with the screen taking a long time to load sometimes it's OK but 5 or 6 times a week it can have many goes at starting and can take up to 5 mins.
2021 P8 recharge Sage Green

Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Nope, pretty much instantaneous all the time... get in car, belt up, wife does same, start car all systems are running... 10-15 sec at the most...
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Yeah, it seems to struggle sometimes. Most of the system stuff seems to start up ok but anything that needs an internet connection can be funny.
Jon962

Post by Jon962 »

Everything instantaneous here.

Apart from the Internet (World symbol). Mostly it's instantaneous but sometimes it just doesn't connect - at all, for the whole journey.

If it doesn't connect straight away, and I really need it for RT Traffic info on the SatNav (keeping an eye out for the World symbol) a switch off of the engine, and a driver's door open (to reset) usually does the trick.

On second engine startup the World kicks in and I have the Internet back.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Takes a few seconds at most. Unlike others I find the internet is connected straight away.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
skimm

Post by skimm »

Mine does take a little while to load up all functions.
But more annoyingly, sometimes it crashes. When it does, the sound system fails to load together with some other functions, and after some time it reboots. And then it goes through the same cycle and reboots again. Can take up to 5m before it sorts itself out. I don;t know what causes it, it happens with my phone connected via USB or without, so that's not it.

I suppose it's just a bug I have to get used to, and hope that a software update fixes it sooner or later
T5 Twin Engine Plug-in Hybrid, R-Design Pro, Crystal White, Intellisafe Pro, Convenience Pack, Xenium Pack, Winter Plus Pack. Sensus Connect with H&K Sound System, Foldable Tow Bar Feb-20
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Mine pretty instantaneous
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

skimm wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:43 pm Mine does take a little while to load up all functions.
But more annoyingly, sometimes it crashes. When it does, the sound system fails to load together with some other functions, and after some time it reboots. And then it goes through the same cycle and reboots again. Can take up to 5m before it sorts itself out. I don;t know what causes it, it happens with my phone connected via USB or without, so that's not it.

I suppose it's just a bug I have to get used to, and hope that a software update fixes it sooner or later
Well I’d be taking it back if it was not as that’s not acceptable
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Joss

Post by Joss »

Checked with the dealer and it is a known fault hopefully a fix in June. They said try setting radio to FM instead of Dab
2021 P8 recharge Sage Green
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

?? I always listen on DAB and no startup problems.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21