Apps

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
joeldram

Post by joeldram »

Hey all

I park next to my house so have connected my MY21 XC40 R-Design to my wifi. I’ve only had it a couple of weeks and found today that - via the wifi - there are apps to download.

I’ve downloaded Spotify, the weather app, Tune-In Radio and the Google app. Has anyone used these and would any recommend any of the other apps?

Thanks!
2021 (70 plate) R-design in Oynx Black T3 Auto.

MikeJC

Post by MikeJC »

I've also downloaded Spotify and TuneIn Radio. I use Spotify extensively and it works perfectly.
I've still to use TuneIn.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

joeldram wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:32 pm Hey all

I park next to my house so have connected my MY21 XC40 R-Design to my wifi. I’ve only had it a couple of weeks and found today that - via the wifi - there are apps to download.

I’ve downloaded Spotify, the weather app, Tune-In Radio and the Google app. Has anyone used these and would any recommend any of the other apps?

Thanks!
Yeh I use Tunein all the time for local stations when I’m away from home
You can only download the apps on the system
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Deleted User 3491

Post by Deleted User 3491 »

I've removed pretty much all the apps apart from Spotify. The Spotify app requires a premium (paid for) account and doesn't work with the free account. I've signed up for a trial and it works well enough, although it takes ages to initiate. I've sometimes finished a short journey before the music starts to play.

I doubt if I'll continue past the free month, so another app to remove.

The weather app looks good but hardly shows more than looking out of the window gives. Sometimes it's bright sunshine and the app shows it's raining.

The other apps are hardly cutting edge, and it my 2 years of ownership haven't been updated or new apps added.
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

Do you have to download the apps via your phone, or are they installed by the cars wi-fi. I think I've got the wi-fi connected (according to my phone) , but nothing else seems to be happening. I know I live in an area of poor reception for Vodafone, but is there an idiots guide to help me understand what I should do next,
many thanks in advance

Roy ( technically challenged at the best of times )
Deleted User 3491

Post by Deleted User 3491 »

Roy03 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:07 pm Do you have to download the apps via your phone, or are they installed by the cars wi-fi. I think I've got the wi-fi connected (according to my phone) , but nothing else seems to be happening. I know I live in an area of poor reception for Vodafone, but is there an idiots guide to help me understand what I should do next,
many thanks in advance

Roy ( technically challenged at the best of times )
I bought a data only SIM card from Amazon (about £30 for 24gb/2 years use). The SIM is installed in the holder in the boot of the car, under the floor.

The apps are loaded by the car into the car's system. No need to use your phone if you have a data SIM in the boot. However if you are using your phone as the data provider it will come into the car via the phone's connection. Not using the phone as such, just it's data connection.

There are plenty posts on this site, and obviously your dealer is the best resource.