Scheduled charging problem update

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Wheaters55

Post by Wheaters55 »

Those with a T5 recharge will be aware that there has been problems with the scheduled charging via the VOC app. Volvo originally gave a fix date of 1st quarter of 21.

After a check with my dealership today, the revised fix date is now 3rd Q of 21!!!
T5 Recharge Inscription, Crystal White, Charcoal interior, tinted rear windows + space saver spare.
Delivered 15 Sep 20

Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Indeed this has been broken since last summer I think. We can’t add any time schedules to saved charging locations. We can only add charging locations and delete them. That’s all.

Thanks for sharing!

I wish Volvo would understand the bad design behind accessing charging station schedules only through the VOC app. The link between the car, it’s location reported to VOC and the working of the charging schedules in VOC are vulnerable to glitches. There are many scenarios where these vulnerabilities result in the car not starting to charge even though all the conditions are OK to charge. Not having the ability to edit/add/delete these charging schedules directly in the car is simply bad UX design.
XC40 T5 Twin Engine R-Design | Fusion Red | FEB 2020 Delivery
Full options except Keyless Entry, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel, Gear Shift Pads on Steering Wheel
goi

Post by goi »

Just to clarify:

The functionality was kicked out by Volvo because it drains the 12V battery and leaves the car not startable because of a drained 12V battery even the HV battery was fully loaded.
since 2023: XC40 Pure Electric Twin Motor Ultimate MY24
since 2020: Mirai II Fuel Cell, MY21
2020-2023 XC40 Recharge Inscription (Pro) T5 (132+60 kW), MY21 late
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

I never realised this was broken. Because I hadn't seen the option in the app I just assumed it didn't exist.

Fortunately my wall box allows me to set timers etc thus I never missed it. but thinking about it, almost all wall boxes these days have timers so I would not have thought it's a much needed feature on the car itself
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

Not only the scheduled charging but the trip details in the map view in the VOC app. They also removed that feature.. and surely it wasn’t because it drains the 12v battery..

Also, Volvo offered 12 months of free electricity to new owners of the t5 twin engine. All the mWh charged and reported by the app would be refunded by Volvo.
I never received such refunds because I bought the car before November 2020. Date at which the car was still to be launched. I was super disappointed!! What was the difference between someone ordering the car before and after November?! Anyways.. Volvo could be offering us at least some part of the electricity we’re using to charge the car since most of us lost access to the nightly cheaper tariffs.

I think Volvo really dropped the ball here
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

lfpcorreia wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm Not only the scheduled charging but the trip details in the map view in the VOC app. They also removed that feature.. and surely it wasn’t because it drains the 12v battery..
Is that just a T5 thing because my VOC has a trip log showing each trip including map.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

Felindre wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:51 pm
lfpcorreia wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm Not only the scheduled charging but the trip details in the map view in the VOC app. They also removed that feature.. and surely it wasn’t because it drains the 12v battery..
Is that just a T5 thing because my VOC has a trip log showing each trip including map.
Like this?

Volvo on call app trip stats - Volvo XC40 Forums.png

m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Felindre wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:51 pm
I have a T5 Recharge and again, I get a log in the Journal and a map

IMG_0201.jpeg

IMG_0202.jpeg

As for the free electricity.

I get this because of when I ordered the car. It's simply a sales promotion nothing more. It isn't compensation or an apology purely a way to boost sales.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Ifpcorreia, no i don't get your graph, i get the same as m@rk, obviously i misunderstood what you were missing.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

Felindre wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:21 pm Ifpcorreia, no i don't get your graph, i get the same as m@rk, obviously i misunderstood what you were missing.
M@rk missed my point about the free electricity.. Volvo has had a lot of time to fix the problem with the 12v discharging due to the scheduled charging. It wouldnt be terrible if after this long offered their customers some kind of compensation..

Regarding the graph, that’s another feature they took down!! Previously I could see exactly how much kWh the car used, how much it regenerated and the fuel consumption throughout the trip.

I just had to open the trip and drag my finger over the path and the numbers would change to that moment in time consumption values. As is, the path has disappeared and the consumption numbers are also gone!! Currently we only see the starting and ending points :/ a far cry of what it used to be..

(Another thing Volvo customer care is really not up to expectations..)

In the end, the “reward” I got for ordering the 1st edition of the hybrid XC40 (taking a leap of faith in the brand) was missing on the free electricity and losing features..

And I didn’t got a single email explaining stuff! I had to search the internet for the missing app features!! Cuz when the schedule charging feature disappeared, I called support and they booked a visit to the shop where I was greeted with a “so the car doesn’t charge hay?! Let’s see what’s wrong!” A complete lack of communication between who answered my call reporting the problem and the shop..

🤦‍♂️