!00 gb data sim

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

Hi, I've searched the forum to the best of my ability, and I have a question about this 100 gb sim card that is mentioned. Was it supplied with the car already installed, or was it sent to you. The Dealer never mentioned it, and I forgot to get any details ( too excited with the thought of my new car ) If anyone can enlighten me, I would be very grateful
Confused

Roy

Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
The SIM card should have been pre installed in the boot by the dealer, he should also have instructions for the consumer on how to set up a Vodafone account etc, but I found it difficult to set up and I am waiting for my son to sort it.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Mine was installed already and the dealer showed me where to set it up. I'm very computer techy, and had read the manual through and through so had no problem.

Somewhere on here someone posted an excellent p-sim activation crib sheet.

Here you go...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2477&hilit=p+sim&start=20#p21941

This post has pictures showing the internet and sim connection icons which might give you an idea if it's there or not.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2621&p=23178&hilit=p+sim#p23178'
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I had to ask. Turned out they'd run out of SIMs and forget to mention it, so they sent me one in the post.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Felindre, Thanks for the crib sheet I’ll have a go with that.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

Thanks for your replies and help. It appears that the sim card was never installed by the service dept at the PDI. so the garage is going to send one to me asap (hopefully)
Thanks again

Roy
malkie

Post by malkie »

Checked the SIM was fitted then went through the set up. After some mucking about the car connected to the internet and all looked good but....when I returned to the car later it would not connect automatically and I had to connect via my phone hotspot first then go back to the car modem. Anyone else seeing it doing this or is it stable once set up?
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

malkie wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:10 pm Checked the SIM was fitted then went through the set up. After some mucking about the car connected to the internet and all looked good but....when I returned to the car later it would not connect automatically and I had to connect via my phone hotspot first then go back to the car modem. Anyone else seeing it doing this or is it stable once set up?
Once set up, mine has been rock steady since.

BUT

When you first set it up, even if you don't go into the Vodafone portal and activate it, it will still run for an hour or two before killing itself.

So once you have it working, YOU MUST go into the Vodafone portal and click on the ACTIVATE TRIAL link. After that, you should never need to touch it agin :)
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Deleted User 3491

Post by Deleted User 3491 »

Dealer sent mine a few weeks after delivery. Used the 12 months then bought myself a 3 Network SIM from Amazon - about £30 for 2 years.
Lindis

Post by Lindis »

Got my sim fitted February 2020, lockdown came and sim expired this Feb unused!! Now using a free Sky sim and topping it up with my piggybank data on it, its working.