Iphone - Emergency calls only reset?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deeg

Post by Deeg »

Morning peeps,

I live in a poor mobile reception area and so use my home wifi for calls on my iphone. When initially connecting the phone to the car, via Bluetooth or usb, all phone functions work as per the manual.
When i drive away and out of wifi range, the phone drops to emergency calls only on the car display due to poor signal i assume. This state continues regardless of mobile signal strength unless i disconnect/reconnect the phone manually.
Anyone aware of any settings on either the iphone or car to achieve full phone use automatically when a mobile signal is available?

Tia

Deeg
black r-design b4 awd with lounge, climate, versatility, driver assist, tow-bar and lava

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Your issue could be generated by
- iOS software bug: try a hard reset of your phone. Also, iOS 14.5 will be available for download next week, make sure you have the latest software update.
- car internet modem: in car WiFi hotspot is turned on and iPhone connects to car WiFi, maintaining the WiFi calling functionality even though there’s strong mobile network signal. It can take several minutes for the car modem to initiate, meaning your iPhone will be connected to a WiFi network with no internet connection. There might also be a problem with your car SIM (data plan expired?) and there’s no internet connection in the car.
Deeg

Post by Deeg »

Thankyou for your suggestions, will have a further play👍
black r-design b4 awd with lounge, climate, versatility, driver assist, tow-bar and lava