Am i being had??

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Moss wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:47 pm
billybobb2019 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:01 pm update: for days now the stop start wasn’t working but on a short run to the shops low and behold it began to work again but the strangest thing - i received a text asked the car to read it and i’m honestly not joking it read it back in a dutch accent ! wife was with me otherwise i’d have thought i was tripping!
What was the text you received ?
What do you mean by « a dutch accent » ?
What is the system language of your car ? (press Settings in the top view of the centre display, go to System and then to System Languages and Units, and select System Language)
hi - the text was in english and it seriously sounded like a poor impression of someone from the netherlands - setting on the car is english - interestingly when i asked the car to read it there was a considerable delay before reading it out - usually is very rapid - i’m losing confidence day by day with this car as whilst it’s amusing are the other systems of the car affected ? safety features etc - tried to replicate it and it’s fine now

Moss

Post by Moss »

billybobb2019 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:10 pm
Moss wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:47 pm
billybobb2019 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:01 pm update: for days now the stop start wasn’t working but on a short run to the shops low and behold it began to work again but the strangest thing - i received a text asked the car to read it and i’m honestly not joking it read it back in a dutch accent ! wife was with me otherwise i’d have thought i was tripping!
What was the text you received ?
What do you mean by « a dutch accent » ?
What is the system language of your car ? (press Settings in the top view of the centre display, go to System and then to System Languages and Units, and select System Language)
hi - the text was in english and it seriously sounded like a poor impression of someone from the netherlands - setting on the car is english - interestingly when i asked the car to read it there was a considerable delay before reading it out - usually is very rapid - i’m losing confidence day by day with this car as whilst it’s amusing are the other systems of the car affected ? safety features etc - tried to replicate it and it’s fine now
Hi there.
Strange story !
My general advice is : if and when – for any reason - you have no confidence in a car, get rid of it as soon as you can, and buy or lease a different one. On top of the fact that driving whatever car you have no confidence in is very often dangerous, life simply is too short to linger in a distressing situation.