Rear view Mirror and the flashing Blue light

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
BxUKXwp6CZ01

Post by BxUKXwp6CZ01 »

Hi
I was driving my XC40 this morning when I saw the flash of a "Blue" light out of the corner of my eye . I looked in the rear view mirror and saw I was being followed by a delivery van. I thought it might be an unmarked police vehicle but decided the spotty, youthful, driver didn't look like a an undercover policeman. Then I wondered if there was police vehicle in a hurry hidden by the delivery van. Over a period of several minutes the flashing light occurred several times . Finally I was actually looking into the mirror when the blue light flashed and I saw it was in the top right of my self dimming mirror. It stopped flashing and has not done so again since that time - has anybody experienced the same issue?
T4 AWD Inscription Auto Intellisafe Xenium Pack Winter Pack Tempa Spare Wheel

abby606

Post by abby606 »

I've noticed it too, it's the frameless design of the rear view mirror that does this.

As it has no frame the edge of the mirror glass reflects the light slightly weird, so every so often it will catch the light in just the right (wrong?) way to make it look like a blue flash of light out of your field of vision.
malkyxc40

Post by malkyxc40 »

Self enforced law enforcement driver training lol
malkyxc40

Post by malkyxc40 »

Obviously working well if you could make out the spots on the youthful face in van behind !